Sign in to follow this  
Crashbangwallop

Just bought FC and impressed - plus wing streamers query

Just bought the Flying Circus – very different from WWII flying and instrumentation! Will need a lot of practice just to get used to the fact there's a wing in the way of half your vision field, let alone sighting and actually hitting a target. Will persevere though, and am gobsmacked at the 'stain' of the front running through the countyside in the Arras map – I never really thought about it like that before.

In between misjudging my landings, and general disorientation, I've noticed that some aircraft have a wing streamer – all of them that I've seen on Requiem's Tutuorials do, I think and I've seen an aircraft sporting one on the multiplane quick mission. I can't see them in the options list of extra instruments, lamps, armaments – am I missing something here? What's their function anyway?

• Like 2

In that same row of tabs that let you choose the different mods like weapon, gauges, paint themes. the far right tab lets you choose streamers, scarves, and side arm pistols.

The function of the streamer was meant to identify the flight leader but in game many people use it because they like the look. Some squads use streamers to identify a squad member. Some members of Jasta 5 will use the Green streamer for example.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, J5_Sturm said:

In that same row of tabs that let you choose the different mods like weapon, gauges, paint themes. the far right tab lets you choose streamers, scarves, and side arm pistols.

The function of the streamer was meant to identify the flight leader but in game many people use it because they like the look. Some squads use streamers to identify a squad member. Some members of Jasta 5 will use the Green streamer for example.

Hope this helps.

Wow, thanks! Of course, I never thought to look there. Thought it might be a flight leader thing, but wasn't sure

And handguns! Methinks I'll be better at shooting opponents with a Luger than trying to aim my plane :)  Cheers again

Edited by Crashbangwallop
Bad punctuation...

Welcome to the skies of WW1!

Like Sturm says, streamers were historically for flight leader identification - in-game, pilots use them for varying reasons. In US103 we have 3 separate flights, 1st (or 'Red'), 2nd ('White) and 3rd ('Blue'). As well as flight markings on our squadron skins, our flight leaders wear a corresponding coloured streamer for identification. 

VDBJtnYh.png

Edited by US103_Larner
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Larner, if that's not a composite image, then that's one remarkable screenshot! 

The true purpose of streamers online is that they reveal that you’re a human player rather than an AI. Do with that information as you please.