Sign in to follow this  
manintan2016

Any thoughts of adding the Mosquito, Bomber or Fighter versions, or both, in the future?

Nobody. It never even occurred to anyone here before. ;)

• Haha 12

Related to this.

The B-25 Mitchell is coming to Bodenplatte as an AI aircraft. Are you still hoping to eventually make this a flyable type? Are there other bombers (A-20G, Mosquito, B-17, etc.) you’d like to see the series eventually tackle?

Jason: “Yep, that’s why I insisted we build it as AI first for BOBP. Couldn’t fit the cockpit into this budget. The interior is a huge project, but doable because I can get access to one or two real-life examples of the B-25. Quite a few of those still exist. A Mossie would be sweet and totally doable too. My biggest issue with American bombers is modelling the turret. Such a hard space to research and model. I believe the A-20G and B-25 has the same turret, but don’t remember for sure. If anyone has detailed info about American turrets like drawings, manuals, pictures etc. please send them to me. Proper references material 90% of the battle.

Daniel: “Yes, we hope one day to have it player-controlled. Due to this strategic objective we’re developing its external 3D model and physics model same as we do for all our player-controlled planes. So, after we will have release AI B-25 we only got to find occasion to develop interior for it. Of cause, its interior is a real complex thing, but we hope that one day we will find opportunity to create it.”

https://stormbirds.blog/2019/02/12/part-2-an-interview-with-jason-williams-and-daniel-tuseev/

• Like 1

That would be nice. After the B-25, the B-26 shouldn't be too hard. The Mosquito shouldn't be hard at all, with no turrets. Just the navigator/bombardier position and pilot position. I don't want to ask for too much, but it seems that western aircraft have really done well so far, maybe these aircraft might be future options/collector aircraft.

1 hour ago, manintan2016 said:

That would be nice. After the B-25, the B-26 shouldn't be too hard. The Mosquito shouldn't be hard at all, with no turrets. Just the navigator/bombardier position and pilot position. I don't want to ask for too much, but it seems that western aircraft have really done well so far, maybe these aircraft might be future options/collector aircraft.

...or a non-collector,  base aircraft that comes with a scenario/map, etc... It all depends upon what the future plans are - but yes, there has been a lot of desire expressed for that aircraft. Time will tell.

• Like 1

Many, many people have been asking for the Mosquito... Where's the love for my Beau, the Beaufighter?

I really believe Jasons ambitions for this sim. Is greater than mine. I was convinced before that they was taking this the wrong direction and I was sure my way was better. 
I think they will make anything if it is economical possible. 
one have to respect the fact that instead of increasing the prices they work a lot to get more people into this. 

19 hours ago, manintan2016 said:

How many would like to see that for the Bodenplatte map? Possible B-26 Marauder? 

Incidentally, I'd like to see all the aircraft you mentioned, as I'm sure most of us would.

15 hours ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

Shocking self-publicist! 😜

I have my moments 😀

This was very on point though 😎

• Upvote 1

On 10/16/2019 at 3:30 PM, Jonttu1 said:

Many, many people have been asking for the Mosquito... Where's the love for my Beau, the Beaufighter?

I'm greedy...…. I'd like both!!  😊

I wouldn't restrict the scope of this simulator. The development team have gone above and beyond in providing content in the sim.

I honestly believe that given enough time that they would develop all the important ww2 aircraft. Why stop adding aircraft ? Makes no commercial sense. 

I'm sure the Mosquito will make it into the game at some point. Keep buying stuff and supporting the team and the aircraft will come..

My only personal wishlist would be for 4 engined bombers but I think they may have to develop a new game engine to accommodate the extra resources required. Imagine flying multiplayer crew in the dark over Berlin in your Lanc with Mosquitos dropping path finder flares surround by heavy flak. I'd happily pay £70 for a properly developed multi crew Lancaster. Doubt it will happen....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, No145_Bunny said:

...I'd happily pay £70 for a properly developed multi crew Lancaster...

Don't give them ideas, Bunny. [But yeah, me too].

Yeah a B26 should be easy. They already made a B25 so they should be able to knock out a B26 over the weekend. 

6 minutes ago, Danziger said:

Yeah a B26 should be easy. They already made a B25 so they should be able to knock out a B26 over the weekend. 

Well it's a twin so it might take two weekends. :)

I want to say it was in one of the live chats with Jason where he said he was preferred the B26 as well but the B25 was a more historical fit for Bodenplatte or something like that.

B-25 is probably a better investment because it was widely used in the Pacific and Mediterranean as well. But I'd love to see a B-26 some day.