Sign in to follow this  
Kapteeni

Just asking: is it possible..

...to make a mod, which add more buildings and even small villages to maps? New maps are beautiful what comes to landscape and roads and so on. But it is pretty dull to fly over empty landscape. Specially on Arras and Rhineland. In real they were heavily populated with farms and small villages,

If not with modding, maybe in Full Mission Editor.

Kapteeni

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You could do this pretty easily using the mission maker.

I don't see the point in doing it given that the rheinland and arras map arent final.

13 minutes ago, LizLemon said:

You could do this pretty easily using the mission maker.

I don't see the point in doing it given that the rheinland and arras map arent final.

You mean, they'll add more buildings, farms, roads, etc?! 

I have no idea what they may add. But why bother doing the work until the maps are final?

14 minutes ago, Avyx said:

You mean, they'll add more buildings, farms, roads, etc?! 

Not necessarily. See this statement:

However, the map is WIP as winter textures still need to come according to the Bodenplatte announcement. Therefore, it's possible that some things will change before the final release.

I know that map is not ready. I was just wondering that is it even possible to add more houses and stuff. I have no skills at the moment how to us mission editor or mod anything.

But IMHO we need something to fill eerie emptiness of  maps.

I ques i finally must try n to learn mission editing. I understand that it is a powerful tool, but at the same time it has a steep learning curve.

I was just wondering, that maybe someone could make a mod that randomly generates buildings here and there. Maybe in certain areas like coasts and near roads. Some kind pop up tool that uses dds. textures as a reference.

Other than that, maps are looking gorgeous and big towns are beautiful.

Kapteeni

On 10/13/2019 at 10:19 PM, Kapteeni said:

... a mod that randomly generates buildings here and there. Maybe in certain areas like coasts and near roads. Some kind pop up tool that uses dds. textures as a reference...

Kapteeni

Well my concern with that is where they would "pop up" like inside wooded areas and objects not aligning with roads and especially the myriad of little country roads throughout the map.  So many of the mod maps in 1946 and even some "official" maps had the problem of buildings across roads, not aligning to the roads placed and railroads and since they were then "hard-coded" not possible to adjust manually for the average user.  And, once populated it might take as long as manually placing them from scratch to make corrections and adjustments.  (Not your '46 maps though Kap.  I love your maps.  You take the time to pay attention to the details 👌  ).

If that potential issue could be overcome it would be a nice tool I agree.

1 hour ago, Beebop said:

Hi Beebop!

Firstly. Thank you for you kind words about my maps for Il2 1946.

I know that randomly generated pop ups can generate objects to wrong places. But mod tools for old IL2 did have also tools to remove unwanted objects from roads and water.

Anyways. I've been looking Mission editor, and there is a possibility to add groups of objects and so. As somebody wrote before, editor is very powerful. But also it has a steap le<rning curve.

But it looks promissing.

Kapteeni

You're welcome Kap and you deserve it.

I'm just starting to learn the ME and it makes the FMB of '46 look like child's play.  But there is so much more you can do with it.  At this point in time I'm learning more from my mistakes than from my successes but that's all right.  The learning curve in the ME is like starting rock climbing by first going up a vertical face.  😬😁

1 hour ago, Beebop said:

You're welcome Kap and you deserve it.

I'm just starting to learn the ME and it makes the FMB of '46 look like child's play.  But there is so much more you can do with it.  At this point in time I'm learning more from my mistakes than from my successes but that's all right.  The learning curve in the ME is like starting rock climbing by first going up a vertical face.  😬😁

Indeed… I'm about launch editor right now. I can add objects and other stuff, but that's about it ATM.

It seems that you can do a lot, but it would be great anyways to have some kind of a mod that could add objects to desired areas automatically.

You will find several groups of buildings in both the 'Blocks' menu and the 'Blocks (detail)' menu.  You can't break them apart though.

1 hour ago, Beebop said:

You will find several groups of buildings in both the 'Blocks' menu and the 'Blocks (detail)' menu.  You can't break them apart though.

I know… But there is heaps of blocks and individual houses..

I ques nobody want's to make generator/mod. It should be possible. Hell, i would even pay if there was a 3:rd party  DLC for that...

Like in FSX. It has a nice Instant scenery editor tool, which i use a lot. 

Instant scenery allows terrain modification and it also populates villages and  cities with buildings.

But FSX is a different story..

Here is a mod which uses LUA and generates ships artillery.