von_Michelstamm

Novice needs to be toned down

Between riding the edge so hard they repeatedly black out and crash or aggressively turn rings around players who are just getting a handle on the new phys system (or just learning the game for the first time), the AI needs to chill.

’Novice’ should really be a neophyte, not experienced or confident enough to push their ship to its limits, with poor SA, and even bad decision making.

• Upvote 1

Yes, recently re-occurred to me as well. I was reading through black cross red star volume 4, got to some passages with description of pilot training and abilities from when the VVS had to rush them into service, and then went to play a bit against AI novices. What I played against had absolutely nothing in common with what I just read about. I don't know if I'd say "toned down" if that gap is to be closed, I'd rather say needs to be "changed". They just don't fly like people who barely know how to operate their aircraft, and are pretty much scared senseless when an enemy tries to actually shoot them down.

Yep. From a practical perspective, I like to play a few rounds against dumb dumbs to practice deflection shooting on fast small targets. That’s much harder now because they’re so aggressive, meaning there’s much more maneuvering. Especially in multifighter qmb.

That got me wondering, “how does someone just picking up this sim, maybe their first ever, even deal with this?”

The side effect of blood-crazed “novice” ai pilots crashing into the ground is an even steeper learning curve. 😂 please switch them to decaf, devs!

Edited by von_Michelstamm