Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Drew

Finding enemies in multiplayer.....new to MP

hey guys, Im having a hard time finding planes in the multiplayer server...any tips? I don't know if Im at the wrong altitudes or what, but I cant figure out how I cant find anybody to dogfight with. Let me know if you guys got any hints to find some action. i just get bored flying around. Im pretty sure I go by the target areas.

Edited by Captain_Drew

Hello and welcome to MP.

If you are into flying fighters , I would recommend defending ground targets to start with because at some point you are going to see action over the target. Look out for flak so you can zero in on incoming aircraft. It also gives you a smaller area to patrol. 

If you are into ground pounding, don't worry because it won't be very long before enemy aircraft find you.

Personally speaking,  I would definitely consider joining a squad at some point, as it really does make the multiplayer experience a lot more fun and interesting.

Check out this section here.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/17-virtual-squadrons/

Or you can fly on server that is using alternative spotting setting. Although it seems that the Finnish VP is pretty much only option atm. Others are testing normal settings. 

Ah that makes sense! I was slamming over to the enemy side so their flak was giving me away. Ya I wouldn’t mind getting involved in a squad, I’ll check it out. 
Also, I gotta look up what alternative spotting is.