Hi,

This has happened to me two times now. In single player campaign missions, in the middle of manoeuvres the controls freeze and nothing responds, joystick, throttle, rudder pedals, keyboard (including ESC key for menu), only F12 for Steam screenshots.

I've tried Alt-Tabbing, closing other programs, nothing restores the controls. I've check axes were still working in Windows. The last time I was stuck in a loop passing out and recovering until the engine overheated because I couldn't decrease the throttle. I've got this feeling it could be related to the pilot passing out mechanics, like it never restores the controls.

I'm using VR with a HP Reverb and Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR, Nvidia 1080ti and AMD Ryzen 1600X. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks and best regards.

Did you get the M$ 1903 update? As for me my stick but not the throttle (Warthog) doesn´t respond when I start the script, I have to stop it and restart, sometimes twice or more to get it working! I even bought a new stick as I thougt it had broke down when we had a lightning strike nearby, but it still happens 8 time out of ten! Some times it stops ingame but I can pause the game and restart the script and go on. I realized it started after the 1903 update from M$ when I checked the date of update and the date of the strike.

EDIT, the stick is´nt recogniced in the windows controls either when this happens or int the TARGET device analyzer but it´s back on line after restarting the script! Very strange!

Edited by FlyingH

Yes, I have the 1903 update but I don't use Target with my Thrustmaster and I can't even pause because nothing responds, joystick, throttle, key controls, nothing.

I can however Alt-Tab out and verify that the axes are still working, it's the game that just stops accepting input.

Is your game in C\Program files folder? If so move it out of there and do a test. You can move (or copy and paste) the IL2GB folder to anywhere else and start from its own IL2.exe from the new location.