Sign in to follow this  
Newtz_Hartmann

What will be the next IL-2: Great Battles Expansion?

With the launch of Battle of Bodenplatte we get to speculate the next game expansion coming to the Great Battles series. What do you guys think? With 1C now focusing on the western front, I think we could get the Battle of Berlin, with planes that would be really fun to fly like the Moskito, Tempest II, Griffon Spits, Bf-109G-10, TA-152, Yak-3 and 9, AI bombers like the B-24 and B-17... and maybe early prototype jets like the He162... or maybe we could get the Pacific Front since with the new patch, the Axis Flag showed us Japan as a Nation too... maybe Battle of Midway, but I don’t know we could just skip Midway and go straight to later battles like Iwo Jima (Corsair I’m looking at you). I would really like Battle of Berlin since the planes we can get look more appealing to me. I would really hate another eastern front exclusive expansion tho. Let me know what you think in the quotes. 

7FDA959B-8451-492F-A548-C9C3DA63AA0C.jpeg

What do I think? That we don't need yet another thread on the same subject...

• Upvote 1

"Operation Duct tape" = "The big fix for the long list of known issues"

Just now, -=-THERION said:

"Operation Duct tape" = "The big fix for the long list of known issues"

Shortly followed by "Operation Peeling Off the Tape" to keep the people who didn't like the fixes happy. And then "Operation Going Around in Circles" while everyone argues about whether the fixes are an improvement...

Followed slowly by the horrible realisation that the vast majority of people actually want Warthunder without the MMO grinding  and that with the growing popularity of BoX they will be the loudest voice... Because we all want the game to be fun.. Right? 

• Sad 1

North Africa will be nice theather to play. Me-323 cover missions will be nice :)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 10/5/2019 at 8:42 PM, Dakpilot said:

...the horrible realisation that the vast majority of people actually want Warthunder without the MMO grinding

In what way is that horrible? Sounds like a fantastic game to me, and one the vast majority of people kinda do what, and now have a pretty decent version of something like that to play

On 10/5/2019 at 8:42 PM, Dakpilot said:

... Because we all want the game to be fun.. Right? 

err, yes? I understand this is a  rhetorical statement, but I can't see any other answer. What would you have in place of a game that's fun? One that... isn't? 

Edited by Tasmanaut
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Norway will offer a lot of opportunities, covering 1940 - 45, british airplanes and anti-shipping.

Edit: forgot carrier ops and F4Us and F6Fs in british service.

Edited by Trog1odyte
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 10/5/2019 at 3:42 AM, Dakpilot said:

Followed slowly by the horrible realisation that the vast majority of people actually want Warthunder without the MMO grinding  and that with the growing popularity of BoX they will be the loudest voice... Because we all want the game to be fun.. Right? 

Well I can't speak for everyone, but when I spend money on *games*; if those *games* aren't *fun*, I go do something else.

At any given moment, even War Thunder simulator battles, not the mouse aim third person shit, has more players online than IL-2.

Many (far more than I ever expected) of the players I've talked to in there are *former* BoX players.  They are willing to put up with the shitty fidelity of the WT flight sim, because the WT flight sim is actually *fun* for them.

So you enjoy your *game* the way you want to.  Others will continue to do the same; probably elsewhere, if they aren't having any *fun* here.

Edited by hrafnkolbrandr