I have really big stutters on this new map. (Kuban, Moscow and Stalingrad are stutter free).

I lowered almost everything without improvement. Im I the only one?🤔

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nope, same here, and it seems to not be fps related. Hoping there's some optimisation incoming!

• Upvote 1

Same here , also lowered graphics settings and still get them (HP Reverb )

1 hour ago, PaulPaulaner said:

Hi, I updated the graphics card driver, it helped a lot...

I just tried that, no difference

I get stuttering in MP regardless of map. But disabling GUI gets rid of the stuttering for me.

Hi, I'm also not stutter-free. 

No matter that I have low or ultra settings. Multiplayer is almost non playable because of this stutters. Upgrading video driver helped, but only at singleplayer. No difference at MP. Steady 60fps but stutter after stutter. Lowering visibility distance to the lowest 40km helped but stutters didn't disappeared completely. And no matter if you have gtx 960 or rtx 2080 this problem occurs to all. 

• Like 2

Same here 

Micro stutters and some major stutters now, I was stutter free before update 

• Like 1

I too am getting quite a substantial amount of stuttering on the new map. My CPU is old and beaten but it's way worse than even before now. However, I've only flown on the Rhineland map as of the new patch, so I dunno if it's specific to that map or not. CPU responsiveness chart looks like the damn stock market when I take a peek at it after some stutters.

Same here with exception that I have constant period stutter (game pausing) at 144 hz on any MP server and any map if there are more than cca 30 - 40 players and HUD in ON. With HUD off stutter is less noticeably (if ever noticeable). If you check for example Requiem channel, he has the same problem (although he is doing his tutorials in SP mode I suppose) in his vids. I am afraid that this game has never been really smooth and it will be solved who knows when, if ever (considering amount of threads without final solution).

8 minutes ago, =EXPEND=Capt_Yorkshire said:

its always been smooth for me till now.   we just need to figure out the cause

Have you tried turning HUD off ?

With the old 3.102 vesrion (pre Rheinland) i found activating V Sync in my AMD radeon GPU tweaker improved stuttering matters geatly.

22 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

I just tried that, no difference

Looking for data.  If someone has opportunity to fly a map with perfectly sunny setting with absolutely no clouds or with completely overcast solid cloud cover rainy conditions in MP where stutter was seen before, could you please post here if stutters are still present with these weather conditions.  Sim seems to run better with these two than with any intermediate cloud settings.  Thank you.

On 10/2/2019 at 5:07 PM, Voidhunger said:

I have really big stutters on this new map. (Kuban, Moscow and Stalingrad are stutter free).

I lowered almost everything without improvement. Im I the only one?🤔

Same here.

Spend 4 hours yesterday tweaking graphic settings in game as well as in Nvidia control panel to no avail. Uninstalled the game and reset settings for it in Nvidia CP before reinstalling the game and installing latest GTX driver but still the same after tweaking another 2 hours after the reinstall. Frustrating 😞

Intel i5-9600K - 16GB memory - GTX1080ti - MS Sidewinder FFB2 - 28" 4K screen

Was about to buy all expansions but that's on a hold for the moment.

Cheers

Just went into a server with less people and no clouds,  turned out to be almost stutter free. Internet connection is no problem here.

Hi Guys.

I bought the last package with planes for the game and unfortunately I can't play through these stutters, I will ask for a refund because I can't play in multiplayer. Does anyone know where I can write for a refund ????

RTX2070 SUPER 100fps

In 3.201 Clouds is the performance killer!!
My test result: weather on cloudy/average/heavy = fps 50~70 
clear & overcast = fps 90~120
I just went into a server with clear sky, I got 90~100 fps
In the other servers 50~60 fps. 

i5 4660/ddr3 16gb/gtx1060 6g

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Oyster_KAI said:

My 1080ti is idling no matter how high I go on the settings, dead steady on clouds or no clouds 60 fps which is the limit for my 4k Acer XB281HK but stutters nevertheless with clouds and just maybe many players on a server, maybe it's a network issue instead/as well?

I just went into a crowded server with no clouds on the map, extreme stutters 😞

Edited by Ojisan_Mjoelner

On 10/6/2019 at 5:59 AM, Oyster_KAI said:

Exactly the same for me Clouds = 50% FPS hit. I have tried Jason's suggestions, ref FPS limiters VSYNCH etc. No change.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately, it's a shame to spend money on this game. At the time, it is broken and the buyer does not get what he paid for. I recommend that you do not buy this game or any extras or planes for now.

Best Regards

Nord

2 hours ago, NORD80 said:

Unfortunately, it's a shame to spend money on this game. At the time, it is broken and the buyer does not get what he paid for. I recommend that you do not buy this game or any extras or planes for now.

Best Regards

Nord

A lot of professional software & hardware producers are not to be trusted. F.i. Emagic (now Digidesign) as far as audio products; they're a rip-off, spent about 2000 on theirs stuff, and they just bluntly quilted all windows support all of a sudden.

HOWEVER: I strongly feel that the whole darn crew of IL2 is doing their best. Might get a lot of help from dedicated users to boot spending a lot of time on it.

There are quirks of course, but seen in the light of history of IL2 and it's support i don't regret my 'investment' in this game. 

Sales might not run into the millions of bucks Bill Gates earned with some nasty scenes to enslave & screw users out of more money every-time again.

I actually don't get that 'shame' feeling you've  mentioned here at all.

In regards of your stutters there can be a lot of reasons why; your graphics card should be OK, thus it must be the drivers used, or tuning of it, or the settings regarding the processor, mainboard BIOS, sky is the limit. Game settings: Vsync on, running full-screen? J.

Edited by jollyjack
added info

From russian formu explanation on sutters and why limiters help:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/12548-233-я-часть-дневников-разработчика/?do=findComment&comment=727268

Google translate it preaty good:

"I transmit it as I understood from my conversation with our lead program:

The video system spends different time for rendering each frame , it depends on the scene load. The engine and the video card are able to draw some frames faster, some slower, all this happens mixed up on each frame . A statter is the stuttering of a video system when rendering the slowest frame. If the load on the video system is gentle, then the processing of each frame requires relatively little time, and the overall average FPS will be high. Moreover, due to the small absolute time difference between the “fast” and “not very fast” frames, you will practically not notice these “not very fast” frames and the picture will go visually "

If you increase the load on the video system (to draw a picture fatter and denser), then, of course, more time will be spent on rendering each frame, and the absolute difference between “slow” and “very slow” frames will become noticeable to the eye - this is how statters appear.

The FPS limit in the graphics settings is applied in order to reduce the overall load on the video system.
So that the video system does not try to draw as many frames as possible , while “stuttering” at slow frames (pulling the picture), and so that it evenly spends resources and allocates relatively more to  each  of the frames with a smaller number of them .

But if you set the FPS limit, which the video system still cannot pull "average" on a particular scene with other picture quality settings, then the slowest frames will still be slower than the FPS to which you limited the game in the settings. And then there will still be statters.

The scene is mostly a map, plus objects and effects, of course.
Lapino is the most non-loaded map in terms of content, there are fewer staters on it (or even not at all = they simply are not noticeable).
Bodenplatte is the most loaded map. Statters can begin to appear on it even if you hadn’t had them anywhere with the same settings before.

Also, with the latest update, the quality of rendering the scene was increased in a number of positions, which naturally entailed an increase in performance requirements.

Conclusions, and what the user can do to get rid of staters:
- reduce the load on the video system by lowering the graphics quality settings
- limit the FPS even more: it is better to have less FPS but more equal than more FPS and stuttering

I observed on a fairly fast system how, with unlimited FPS, it was generally impossible to play in one of the scenes - the picture twitched simply hellishly and constantly with any evolution of the plane or turning of the head. Then they set the FPS limit to 60 frames (without changing the rest of the graphics settings) - on the same scene, the picture went better, but the stators became random and were still quite sharp. Then we set the FPS limit to 30 frames — the picture went absolutely smoothly, and when you turned your head the “rattling” of the picture — these were no longer statters, but simply a small FPS, since 30 frames, of course, would not give such smooth movement as 60 FPS did (but gave them with constant staters)."

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/12548-233-я-часть-дневников-разработчика/?do=findComment&comment=727296

"your colleague’s explanation doesn’t say a word about stators at HIGH FPS (60 and above). The picture twitches even with FPS 60+"

"It will twitch even if the FPS is> 100, if in general the video system does not "take out" such a FPS, although well, VERY hard.
Reduce the load. Set the limit not to 60, but for example 50, 40 or even 30.
If you don’t like playing at 30, then reduce the picture quality.

The IL-2 has no analogues in terms of scene saturation, only one map, for example, of which it "weighs" forests (not to mention the unique development of large cities). There is still a project (not a demo, but a game project) in which a forest of the same density and the same variety of "seating" in the territory? Well, why be surprised that in the same Kuban, for example, if you see in a frame at some place maps for tens of kilometers around the “drawing” of the forest that has no analogues (not just a solid forest, but a bunch of dark edges, clears and bells) - then this will probably require the appropriate resources?"

So guys with problems just falow advices, and try to see what setting is good for your GPU, try set fps you need and then adjust graphic demands that fit that.

Edited by 77.CountZero

Its beyond my imagination why the devs arent fixing this and it happens now and then after major updates. I used to have smooth gameplay in MP on ultra and now whataver I do I have stutters. I tried everything I could and shat was suggested in numerous topics (BTW, I have many years of experience in optimizing PCs and games, hardware etc.).

ITS TIME TO FIX THIS! Its time to fix MP engine and netcode ASAP.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi

UPDATE

I tested only 15 mins in MP but I can already have a picture how it will be. 60 players online both in WOL and Combatbox servers. With unticked 4k textures I didnt have stutters. For now.....also I reduced horizon distance frmo 100 to 70 km but I think the 4k textures did the trick since it was other way around last time as stutters fix. I still need to test in furball....

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi

8 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

From russian formu explanation on sutters and why limiters help:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/12548-233-я-часть-дневников-разработчика/?do=findComment&comment=727268

Google translate it preaty good:

"I transmit it as I understood from my conversation with our lead program:

The video system spends different time for rendering each frame , it depends on the scene load. The engine and the video card are able to draw some frames faster, some slower, all this happens mixed up on each frame . A statter is the stuttering of a video system when rendering the slowest frame. If the load on the video system is gentle, then the processing of each frame requires relatively little time, and the overall average FPS will be high. Moreover, due to the small absolute time difference between the “fast” and “not very fast” frames, you will practically not notice these “not very fast” frames and the picture will go visually "

If you increase the load on the video system (to draw a picture fatter and denser), then, of course, more time will be spent on rendering each frame, and the absolute difference between “slow” and “very slow” frames will become noticeable to the eye - this is how statters appear.

The FPS limit in the graphics settings is applied in order to reduce the overall load on the video system.
So that the video system does not try to draw as many frames as possible , while “stuttering” at slow frames (pulling the picture), and so that it evenly spends resources and allocates relatively more to  each  of the frames with a smaller number of them .

But if you set the FPS limit, which the video system still cannot pull "average" on a particular scene with other picture quality settings, then the slowest frames will still be slower than the FPS to which you limited the game in the settings. And then there will still be statters.

The scene is mostly a map, plus objects and effects, of course.
Lapino is the most non-loaded map in terms of content, there are fewer staters on it (or even not at all = they simply are not noticeable).
Bodenplatte is the most loaded map. Statters can begin to appear on it even if you hadn’t had them anywhere with the same settings before.

Also, with the latest update, the quality of rendering the scene was increased in a number of positions, which naturally entailed an increase in performance requirements.

Conclusions, and what the user can do to get rid of staters:
- reduce the load on the video system by lowering the graphics quality settings
- limit the FPS even more: it is better to have less FPS but more equal than more FPS and stuttering

I observed on a fairly fast system how, with unlimited FPS, it was generally impossible to play in one of the scenes - the picture twitched simply hellishly and constantly with any evolution of the plane or turning of the head. Then they set the FPS limit to 60 frames (without changing the rest of the graphics settings) - on the same scene, the picture went better, but the stators became random and were still quite sharp. Then we set the FPS limit to 30 frames — the picture went absolutely smoothly, and when you turned your head the “rattling” of the picture — these were no longer statters, but simply a small FPS, since 30 frames, of course, would not give such smooth movement as 60 FPS did (but gave them with constant staters)."

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/12548-233-я-часть-дневников-разработчика/?do=findComment&comment=727296

"your colleague’s explanation doesn’t say a word about stators at HIGH FPS (60 and above). The picture twitches even with FPS 60+"

"It will twitch even if the FPS is> 100, if in general the video system does not "take out" such a FPS, although well, VERY hard.
Reduce the load. Set the limit not to 60, but for example 50, 40 or even 30.
If you don’t like playing at 30, then reduce the picture quality.

The IL-2 has no analogues in terms of scene saturation, only one map, for example, of which it "weighs" forests (not to mention the unique development of large cities). There is still a project (not a demo, but a game project) in which a forest of the same density and the same variety of "seating" in the territory? Well, why be surprised that in the same Kuban, for example, if you see in a frame at some place maps for tens of kilometers around the “drawing” of the forest that has no analogues (not just a solid forest, but a bunch of dark edges, clears and bells) - then this will probably require the appropriate resources?"

So guys with problems just falow advices, and try to see what setting is good for your GPU, try set fps you need and then adjust graphic demands that fit that.

I don't think at all that this is the issue here for the simple reason that this doesn't happen in single player. Moreover, my 2080 is perfectly capable to spit frames as it was a MG42. Other way more demanding games don't have this issue so I tend to think that this is an issue with the netcode, or the extended visibility needed more polish.

Right now it is difficult and unpleasant to play MP, I get dizzy and exhausted.

Oh! And I have Gsync.

Edited by III/JG52_Al-Azraq
  • Like 1

After an hour of play, my eyes flash and my head breaks away. THIS GAME MUST BE REPAIRED !!!!!!!!!

RTX2070S 5fps from time tu time IL2 Stutterovik

54 minutes ago, III/JG52_Al-Azraq said:

I don't think at all that this is the issue here for the simple reason that this doesn't happen in single player. Moreover, my 2080 is perfectly capable to spit frames as it was a MG42. Other way more demanding games don't have this issue so I tend to think that this is an issue with the netcode, or the extended visibility needed more polish.

Right now it is difficult and unpleasant to play MP, I get dizzy and exhausted.

Oh! And I have Gsync.

I highly doubt that any of their devs play in MP long enought to see this problem most ppl have MP only, i can go ultra in SP and all max out and have no problems but if i play in MP like that i would have -FPS lol 

what he say is tests in SP, what works for me and my tm8 is what they say, but insted ultra go on medium preset, and clouds also on medium (they kill a lot of fps in MP as servers somehow think that is nice to use them, even though you can see anyone in clouds by its prop and cant see anyone neer clouds lol )

You just have to realise you cant play MP on ultra and all max even if you have latest CPU GPU combo, so just try adjust settngs untill it works for you, i have it ok and i just did what they say, and SP test dont mather to me as anything works ok in SP, problem is MP is more demanding so you ether adjust or wait for something that wont come... try turn 4k off i saw on forum that helps, before it was good to have it ON, now its maybe off better, didnt try that one yet.

Also all thouse distance modifiers for buildings textures and so on just go on midle or low range, who needs to see them from that far, if that helps you get rid of shutters its worth not having them on max, game dosent look any mutch uglyer at medium stuff.

Amount of ppl who play MP is to small for them to be diverting stuff there all the time, other stuff are neded, and from latest DD i see they go for better optimiesed clouds so that will help.

Edited by 77.CountZero

Stutter hell here as well in MP on highest graphic settings as well as on lowest settings. But with full screen unchecked and all settings on high the game runs smooth as silk in MP.

Could some one pls explain the difference between the two?

4K screen with Gsync, GTX 1080ti, i5-9600K, 16 GB ram, only ssd discs, Tir 5 pro, MS Sidewinder FFB2

Cheers

I know this thread is a little old, but I think setting the fps limit to 30 eliminated the severe fps drops I was getting.  Playing MP, I would start out at 60 fps for several minutes then drop to 20 fps with severe stuttering and slideshow.  Alt-tabbing out of the game and back in temporarily fixed it.  Since setting the fps limiter to 30 a couple nights ago I haven't had those fps drops and the game has been smooth (for 30 fps).  Hopefully it stays this way.

Edited by Aeglos

7 minutes ago, Aeglos said:

I know this thread is a little old, but I think setting the fps limit to 30 eliminated the severe fps drops I was getting.  Playing MP, I would start out at 60 fps for several minutes then drop to 20 fps with severe stuttering and slideshow.  Alt-tabbing out of the game and back in temporally fixed it.  Since setting the fps limiter to 30 a couple nights ago I haven't had those fps drops and the game has been smooth (for 30 fps).  Hopefully it stays this way.

I fly since last Monday with 30 fps capped and got rid of those stutters most of the time - it's quite smooth. In MP on crowded servers like CombatBox, WOL and KOTA

I only encountered some stutters over big cities.