Forgive me, I just started flying again.

For whatever reason, Track IR wont work during the game, it works on my desktop just fine, but start the game and it wont do crap

Any ideas?

Not sure but check your .config file in the game folder.. there might be a trackir entry somewhere in there with a zero value

actually I think I’m completely wrong sorry,,  

is trackir up to date on version and games?

here Found this maybe it will help

Ok, Thank you, got it working with the game update

Now, the issue

when the game starts, it looking down and to the left, when i center it , it goes back to down and to the left

Any ideas?

Thanks

43 minutes ago, workky said:

Ok, Thank you, got it working with the game update

Now, the issue

when the game starts, it looking down and to the left, when i center it , it goes back to down and to the left

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bf 109F4?

It did that with mine 2 days ago. I am running freetrack 2.0 and a Trackhat clip, but the principle is the same. Not having a problem with any other aircraft

image.png.4496d2950eadb9c0bbcf9ce7d4e96265.png

Oh no!. I've lost a contact lens!

This is all I get in the F4. 

config file issue?

Posted (edited)

I have a button on my HOTAS (throttle) with F1 assigned to it and I tell Track IR my center function button will be F1 in the "Hot Keys", "Action", , so when I get the above on screen I hit F1 and get the cockpit view out the gun sight again.  F1 is used in the game for the same purpose so I do not check the box because Trapped hotkeys will not be available to any other programs. Un-trapped hotkeys will still perform the hotkey function within the TrackIR software, but can also be simultaneously used in other software that is running alongside TrackIR. i.e. IL2

Hope that helps..............  it's hard to know what difficulties you are having when I'm not sitting in your seat. 

Cheers

Hoss

Edited by 361st_Hoss

Centering centers, but when I release the key it goes back the position above. No head tracking at all in the F4 cockpit.

Posted (edited)

you may have to save Quick View with f10.        Turn off trackir when in game, set your desired view point (using mouse, home,end,del,pg up,pg down) and press f10. it should save in the new position.  then turn trackir back on and hit your trackir centering button (i have mine on my hotas throttle). see if that helps.

other than that, i'd say go through your keybindings and make sure you arent doubling on view position keys and aircraft controls..

Edited by spartan85

5 hours ago, spartan85 said:

you may have to save Quick View with f10.        Turn off trackir when in game, set your desired view point (using mouse, home,end,del,pg up,pg down) and press f10. it should save in the new position.  then turn trackir back on and hit your trackir centering button (i have mine on my hotas throttle). see if that helps.

other than that, i'd say go through your keybindings and make sure you arent doubling on view position keys and aircraft controls..

yeah, that's where the "Trap" button comes in on your set up.  ticked it only lets TIR use it, unticked the game and TIR can use it.

On 10/6/2019 at 2:17 PM, 361st_Hoss said:

Just the F4 and no others?

Yes....!

image.png.4496d2950eadb9c0bbcf9ce7d4e96265.png

Edited by Reggie_Mental

Well huh.............. sounds like you have an F4 bug.  My advice is to save you input file, skins, missions, delete the game and reinstall it.  I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut it fixes your problem.

Cheers

Hoss 

Hey workky!😀

I was wondering how long it would take you to get here, now the the P38 is released 😀

DONT delete the whole game!   I will post a quick solution in 2 mins

Go to "????????\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\LuaScripts\snapviews"

and delete the file with the same name as the aircraft that is causing problems then restart the game.   That will rebuild the snapview.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

got a guy in the group that's stuck looking at the back of his seat, tried this trick and it didn't work, and it's only with the Mustang. 

Hoss

Did he delete all the P51 snap views ?

There are 2 locations 

LuaScripts\snapviews" and LuaScripts\snapviews"\ default 

Try deleting both P51 and restart the game

as a last resort he can get the snapviews files from another person and drop them into the correct folders 

Edited by Panp

No, did not know about the default that wasn't in the post up top so didn't know to go there... he ended up reinstalling and his problem is fixed. 

not long

Just now, workky said:

not long

On 10/13/2019 at 3:59 PM, Panp said:

Hey workky!😀

I was wondering how long it would take you to get here, now the the P38 is released 😀

On 10/13/2019 at 9:09 PM, 56RAF_Roblex said:

DONT delete the whole game!   I will post a quick solution in 2 mins

Go to "????????\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\LuaScripts\snapviews"

and delete the file with the same name as the aircraft that is causing problems then restart the game.   That will rebuild the snapview.

On 10/16/2019 at 1:25 AM, Panp said:

There are 2 locations 

as a last resort he can get the snapviews files from another person and drop them into the correct folders 

Thanks, but the problem has gone away now, after downloading Kuban and Moscow. The Me109F2/4 cockpits probably reset their snap views. But this is useful to know if it happens again. 

• Question: Do either of you now how to change cockpit field of view (FOV) and raise/lower the eyepoint. I'd like to be able to see both the instruments and the reflector gunsight in the I-16 cockpit without painful neck contortions.

RSVP Tovarisches...

Edited by Reggie_Mental

10 minutes ago, Reggie_Mental said:

There are 2 locations 

Not sure that is a good idea.  I believe that what happens when you delete the file from 'Snapviews' is that the game copies across the file from 'Snapviews/Default' so deleting the factory backup as well is not advised.

13 minutes ago, Reggie_Mental said:
  • Question: Do either of you now how to change cockpit field of view (FOV) and raise/lower the eyepoint. I'd like to be able to see both the instruments and the reflector gunsight in the I-16 cockpit without painful neck contortions.

It is described in the game manual but off the top of my head the process is:-

1) Disable TrackIr and start the game

2) Go into the cockpit (eg using Quick Mission'

3) Use 'PageUp' or 'PageDown' to move the pilots head up and down and your mouse to make sure he is looking straight ahead.

4) Use whatever key you have set to zoom to where you want it (Mouse wheel works for most people)

5) Press F10

Restart TrackIr and restart the game.

You use a very similar process to set up custom views except you hold down the required key while making the adjustments then let it go when finished.   I did that once myself with the I-16 for the same reason as you i.e. I set up a normal default view for fighting then set the space bar to lower my head and zoom in when held down so I could see the instruments while it was held down.

• Like 1

Thanks, 

I knew it was in there somewhere. Most flight sims use the same or similar key commands, but I was getting nothing while trying with Trackhat/Freeview 2.0 running. I'll try this tonight.

(BTW Panp suggested deletion of the default snap views. I wouldn't have had a clue about this until yesterday)

Thanks again. I am really liking the I16. The It's a character all right, tiny and difficult to hit, easy to fly, can turn on a kopek and packs a good punch. First career mission out I surprised and bagged two Emils in quick succession. Certainly not the inferior plane many historians claimed it to be.

Edited by Reggie_Mental

On 10/26/2019 at 2:05 PM, Reggie_Mental said:

Thanks, but the problem has gone away now, after downloading Kuban and Moscow. The Me109F2/4 cockpits probably reset their snap views. But this is useful to know if it happens again. 

RSVP Tovarisches...

It happened again...

And your solution worked perfectly. Thanks