Sign in to follow this  
YIPPEE

Please improve hit flashes from MG and Cannon hits.

While the damage effects in general are excellent, the hit flashes from tracer rounds need improvement. As of right now they are nearly non-existent. IRL, the flashes from 50BMG or similar cannon tracers are basically impossible not to see. Cannon rounds have the benefit of explosion effects to indicate a hit. MG hits (especially 50BMG) are unrealistically hard to spot, with all that happens being a small debris effect that can be hard to see.

1 hour ago, Lord_Flashheart said:

While the damage effects in general are excellent, the hit flashes from tracer rounds need improvement. As of right now they are nearly non-existent. IRL, the flashes from 50BMG or similar cannon tracers are basically impossible not to see. Cannon rounds have the benefit of explosion effects to indicate a hit. MG hits (especially 50BMG) are unrealistically hard to spot, with all that happens being a small debris effect that can be hard to see.

The hit flashes are not actually from tracer rounds IIRC, but rather from incendiary rounds mixed in among the tracers. I don't believe that incendiary rounds for MGs are modeled in game, just standard AP rounds. It is actually very difficult IRL to see non-incendiary rounds hit.  Cannon rounds produce pretty big 'puffs' when they hit in-game and I don't really find them hard to see.

1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

The hit flashes are not actually from tracer rounds IIRC, but rather from incendiary rounds mixed in among the tracers. I don't believe that incendiary rounds for MGs are modeled in game, just standard AP rounds. It is actually very difficult IRL to see non-incendiary rounds hit.  Cannon rounds produce pretty big 'puffs' when they hit in-game and I don't really find them hard to see.

If only AP is modeled this isnt historically accurate and is still a problem.

Edited by Lord_Flashheart

3 minutes ago, Lord_Flashheart said:

If only AP is modeled this isnt historically accurate and is still a problem.

Well, yes. Just a different problem. I would love to see API modeled, it would become a lot easier to set planes alight in the P-47.