[DBS]TH0R

Dedicated Bomber Squadron

dbs_patch_full_229x276_transparent.png.4e4735e65794f6ad4a924bca6c04d2ed.png

Highly experienced group of bomber pilots who like to fly formation and focus on teamwork and historical tactics. We have no squadron ranks and hold no mandatory meetings. Leaders exchange per mission and scenario, and are chosen by experience and will to lead. Our experience in organizing large historical MP events with many squadrons participating from all over the World is almost second to none. First timers or a long time online bomber pilots looking to learn the ropes of bomber tactics, group maneuvers and carrier operations - anyone is welcome.

DBS is in large part related to IL2 series, but we have experience with ROF and few of us fly A-10C in DCS World. You can find out more about us here:

IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles YT PLAYLIST

-= DBS Discord =-

Edited by [DBS]TH0R
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi! Still going strong. :)

Good to see so many familiar faces here.

Hope you guys decide on joining us for a sortie or two in the near future...

Edited by T}{OR

After a long break DBS is once again hosting a dedicated Mission: Battle of Midway

Any pilots, no matter the skill are welcome. If you're interested in participating, the list of requirements together with map and all other important details is located here:

Just in case someone got a wrong impression:

This is a historical mission with the primary goal being recreating the historical battle and the atmosphere, with emphasis on teamwork and having fun. Scoring points is last on our list. Huge testing went into building the map for this mission. Each fleet was accurately populated and all 7 carriers that fought on that fateful day are featured in. Flak was fine tuned to result with minimum lag while not being harmless at the same time. We have AI flying nice historical formations and preforming coordinated attacks for the blue side - to set the atmosphere and populate the battlefield even more. You can read all about this and more, here:

If this is something that interests you, feel free to register at our forums and reserve a one of 60 available slots (some already reserved):

Before doing so, make sure you have all the requirements.

Excellent. Your slot is reserved.

That is a squadron that I would like to join to fly the He111 with you guys :)

That is the plane I am most eager to see how they model in BoS and we will definitely try BoS out. You are more than welcome to fly with us.

Ok!! When I get back home I Will visit your website and get more information about this great project. Bombers até really fun but you need to be in a squadron to be effective and not be slaughtered lol. Count on me to fly 111 and 87.

Edited by JG62Gielow

Few selected screens from the mission #6:

Midway_TH0R_01.jpg

Midway_TH0R_09.jpg    

Midway_TH0R_15.jpg

Midway_TH0R_17.jpg

Midway_TH0R_24.jpg

Midway_TH0R_27.jpg

Midway_TH0R_37.jpg

These and many more screens available HERE.

Since PTO seems to be very popular, we're running Coral Sea next. Discussion on when and with modified settings is located HERE.

Been a while since I posted here. We mainly fly BOS now (FNBF anyone? :) ). Here is a typical DBS scenario, Random Expert server:

• Upvote 4

Hey Thor, I remember AG-51 had a great time helping out with the last Battle of Midway we did on IL2 1946/Pacific Fighters.............. hope we can do that again when IL2 Battle of Midway is released, although mission building may be a bit trickier with this version.  I saw some of those micro stutters in a server last night, had never seen them before.............. 

Cheers mate!

Hoss

aka AG-51 Hoss

Edited by Hoss
  • Upvote 2

Good memories. :) We have Tx_Tip who mastered the Mission Editor with FNBF.

Will definitely be in contact once Battle of Midway is on the horizon.  :salute:

Great, AG-51 is now mainly playing DCS, looking forward to the F/A-18 and Nimitz carrier...................  always Naval Aviation for AG-51...............  not sure if they have any plans to take up IL2 Battle of Midway when it comes out. 

Cheers

Hoss

Hey guys great stuff..(nice badge)
Good to see another dedicated bomber squadron..

I have been struggling for months flying Dedicated bombers for AXIS on WoL
I do about 1/4 of the Entire TEAMS total bombing on WOL is JUST me (540,000 Tonnes (26,500 GKills) in 450 hours).

(But thats easy as i refuse to touch the EXPLOIT/CHEAT that is German Laser Bombsights so i only Dive bomb and only fly He-111)

So i decided to start a squad.
Things already going well smashing those commies.
and already highest ranked squad (both sides) this month

Keep up the good work
Hope to see you in the skies

Edited by =TBAS=Sshadow14
  • Upvote 1

Great, AG-51 is now mainly playing DCS, looking forward to the F/A-18 and Nimitz carrier...................  always Naval Aviation for AG-51...............  not sure if they have any plans to take up IL2 Battle of Midway when it comes out. 

Cheers

Hoss

BOS is easier to get into than DCS, though I enjoy both of them. Do get in when the Midway arrives. :)

Hey guys great stuff..(nice badge)

Good to see another dedicated bomber squadron..

I have been struggling for months flying Dedicated bombers for AXIS on WoL

I do about 1/4 of the Entire TEAMS total bombing on WOL is JUST me (540,000 Tonnes (26,500 GKills) in 450 hours).

(But thats easy as i refuse to touch the EXPLOIT/CHEAT that is German Laser Bombsights so i only Dive bomb and only fly He-111)

So i decided to start a squad.

Things already going well smashing those commies.

and already highest ranked squad (both sides) this month

Keep up the good work

Hope to see you in the skies

Thanks. DBS exists for almost 10 years now. And we're still going strong. B-25 was our go to bomber back in the old IL2 days - hence the logo.

In case someone missed it, we organize and run large MP campaign that is flown almost every week on Fridays:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/23544-friday-night-bomber-flight-topic/page-31

At the risk of sounding stupid, what time zone is the server in?................

Cheers

Hoss

yeah im so silly..

I did not instantly connect the name  Dedicated bomber squadron with DBS
hahaha i flew one FNBF with you guys a while back..

:salute:

2000 UK time Friday is noon here, I'm at work.......................  bummer

Hoss

Nice pictures, fine formation and the Ju-88. Sometimes it's hard to fly red in FNBF.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 216th_Retnek said:

Nice pictures, fine formation and the Ju-88. Sometimes it's hard to fly red in FNBF.

Yeah I flown the JU88 1 time

FYI in case anyone is interested - DBS is always open and welcomes new members.

If you like relaxed atmosphere with focus on historical tactics and formation flying - we teach and welcome pilots from all over the globe that can fly in European evening time frame (Fridays and Sundays).

How it looks in practice: IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles YT PLAYLIST

No lack of interest , just time to commit :)  You guys make IL 2 fun and I really hope I one day can join 

1 hour ago, LuseKofte said:

No lack of interest , just time to commit :)  You guys make IL 2 fun and I really hope I one day can join 

No one is stopping you from joining intermittently. "Try it before you buy it." 😀

Edited by [DBS]TH0R

Yes , but I simply refuse to show up and being a total ass in formation flying ;) 

I need some time alone with those axis planes before I join in. I guess I am more available for hobby in a couple of weeks 

i so the videos of you guy flying and it look interesting so i did sign up

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ace.

There are three of us who fly the 88 on a regular basis in FinnishServer, at altitude and level-bombing. We're on a bit of a hiatus right now with IL2 (mostly waiting on Bodenplatte/P-47) but I wonder if it's time to take to the air again. We've always wanted to fly in larger bomber formations with other players.

• Upvote 1

The DBS-folk is very friendly, all I needed to do was establish contact via Discord and I enjoyed the formation flying. :thank_you:

• Thanks 1

We welcome anyone who wishes to fly formation, do some bombing or teamwork in plastering enemy targets. We fly everything and enjoy from high to low level bombing.

DBS has had many members over the years. Some never officially joined us but still decided to fly with us since their squad did not have a dedicated bomber group. Some stayed for a long time, some eventually moved on. Some did not continue to fly since they didn't wish to switch to the new IL2.

And few of the regulars amongst us have been together for 10 years now (DBS was founded back in 2008).

Hence the casual approach and experience you can (I hope!) see in the videos. 😆

Well I think it is time for bomber pilots to join forces, DBS is a good alternative for that. It is not possible to fly alone. I will join these , if I see I got time for it