Sign in to follow this  
gn728

Selection/Realism issues....?

Hey - this seems broken to me, but I don't actually know. SP > Training > Plane Select ... no matter what plane I select it turns into a Hurricane. Then, when backing out all select options are gone.

Thought perhaps it was the Realism menu, but no matter what changes to that I make it keeps re-setting itself to Custom with all the no switching boxes checked....guessing something's messed up...

If you are talking about CloD, forget the "Training" module, is bugged* and together with other game bug (wind force) will don't teach you nothing... unless maybe have patience, or became short of. :)

* Besides, this module is scripted and don't allow you choose plane, is only Tiger Moth and for spin recover Hurricane (air start).

For just Fly look in Quick Mission for a mission called Cross Country - click over Blenheim picture and select the plane you want fly.

Plane spawn on runway (Upavon NW of South England), engine on and you can fly around like you want.

Or if want fly in France, download this Quick Mission, is with Bf 109 E3-B (with bombs), spawn on runway, engine off, but by click over their picture can change the plane.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/Downloads.php?do=download&downloadid=4

Edited by Sokol1

44 minutes ago, Sokol1 said:

For just Fly look in Quick Mission for a mission called Cross Country - click over Blenheim picture and select the plane you want fly.

Plane spawn on runway (Upavon NW of South England), engine on and you can fly around like you want.

Thanks Sokol - I was just looking for something that allowed you to start parked - so I can just check out an AC on the ground. With basically all QM stuff scripted it's tricky.  Realism menu seems ok now - maybe was glitching because I was changing it within the buggy Training menu.....

Edited by gn728

5 hours ago, gn728 said:

I was just looking for something that allowed you to start parked

The Quick Mission "Target Range" spawn the plane in runway engine OFF.

Spawn in park area in CloD is not good because:

1 - If runway has 100 spawn points you will spawn in #100 - that sometimes is the far from takeoff position, meaning a long taxi.

2 - By default FMB set a wind of 3 m/s  (10.8 km/H, 6.7 MPH, 5.8 knots) but the force of this wind can turn a bomber in their direction on runway,

so you have to fight this force all taxi distance, making taxi more difficult and unpleasant than is in flight simulator's.

In this mission all spawn points are blocked, minus the one over runway.

3 hours ago, Sokol1 said:

so you have to fight this force all taxi distance, making taxi more difficult and unpleasant than is in flight simulator's

Well - lol - maybe we'll get lucky and 5.0 will ship with a  QMB that's other than a small  batch of scripted missions with limited choices...:cool: