Jump to content
Stummyhurt

Request ME 262 50mm

Recommended Posts

Hello I would like to request the addition of this me262 variant seen at 6.13 in this video. 50mm cannon would be fun. please add this if you can   

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not gonna happen. 2 prototype planes don't make for something that should be added. 

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to have, but probably more trouble than it's worth in terms of development and for server admins.  Plus Luke holds the main reason over my head like a sign, or post, or something.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stummyhurt said:

Hello I would like to request the addition of this me262 variant seen at 6.13 in this video. 50mm cannon would be fun. please add this if you can   

 



So you can shoot down all the non-existent USAAF heavies? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He did say please....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, 357th_Dog said:



So you can shoot down all the non-existent USAAF heavies? 

Or the gigantic formations of 6-8 B-25´s....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't imagine how a single 50 mm cannon could be more effective than a quartet of Mk 108s. Yes it would have longer range, but probability of a direct hit at distances above 600 m makes this like shooting a sniper rifle from the back of a galloping horse towards another one half a mile away. And not to even start about ammo-count. 360× 30mm shells vs what... 20× 50mm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Not gonna happen. 2 prototype planes don't make for something that should be added. 

 

“Screams in Italian” ;) 

 

ae7mpE1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

I often think that the folk who ask for these mega cannons are over compensating for something.

 

Yeah, VVS aircraft!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bullets said:

"Screams in Italian” ;) 

 

Different management, different development philosophy. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

 

Different management, different development philosophy. 


Was a jovial jest Luke.

 

5f9.gif

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CrazyDuck said:

I can't imagine how a single 50 mm cannon could be more effective than a quartet of Mk 108s. Yes it would have longer range, but probability of a direct hit at distances above 600 m makes this like shooting a sniper rifle from the back of a galloping horse towards another one half a mile away. And not to even start about ammo-count. 360× 30mm shells vs what... 20× 50mm?


With a gyroscopic sight and a still target it could work, if you mantain a shallow angle approach to it. The high velocity and good accuracy of the cannon also helps to diminish the error of the gyro sight (ballistic drop and the time it takes the bullet to reach the target).

Afaik the Me 410s using the 50mm had telescopic sights, so if the gun is set to a 700 meters convergence or so you could just park at the 6 o clock of the bomber at that distance, hold still and fire, at such distances the gun wouldn't have trouble hitting a target the size of a heavy bomber, it comes from the Pz III's KwK 39.

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...