Stummyhurt

Request ME 262 50mm

Hello I would like to request the addition of this me262 variant seen at 6.13 in this video. 50mm cannon would be fun. please add this if you can   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Not gonna happen. 2 prototype planes don't make for something that should be added. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Nice to have, but probably more trouble than it's worth in terms of development and for server admins.  Plus Luke holds the main reason over my head like a sign, or post, or something.  :)

1 hour ago, Stummyhurt said:

Hello I would like to request the addition of this me262 variant seen at 6.13 in this video. 50mm cannon would be fun. please add this if you can   

So you can shoot down all the non-existent USAAF heavies? 

He did say please....

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 357th_Dog said:

So you can shoot down all the non-existent USAAF heavies? 

Or the gigantic formations of 6-8 B-25´s....

• Haha 2

I can't imagine how a single 50 mm cannon could be more effective than a quartet of Mk 108s. Yes it would have longer range, but probability of a direct hit at distances above 600 m makes this like shooting a sniper rifle from the back of a galloping horse towards another one half a mile away. And not to even start about ammo-count. 360× 30mm shells vs what... 20× 50mm?

12 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Not gonna happen. 2 prototype planes don't make for something that should be added. 

“Screams in Italian” ;) 

ae7mpE1.png

12 hours ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

I often think that the folk who ask for these mega cannons are over compensating for something.

Yeah, VVS aircraft!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bullets said:

"Screams in Italian” ;) 

Different management, different development philosophy. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Different management, different development philosophy. 

Was a jovial jest Luke.

5f9.gif

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, CrazyDuck said:

I can't imagine how a single 50 mm cannon could be more effective than a quartet of Mk 108s. Yes it would have longer range, but probability of a direct hit at distances above 600 m makes this like shooting a sniper rifle from the back of a galloping horse towards another one half a mile away. And not to even start about ammo-count. 360× 30mm shells vs what... 20× 50mm?

With a gyroscopic sight and a still target it could work, if you mantain a shallow angle approach to it. The high velocity and good accuracy of the cannon also helps to diminish the error of the gyro sight (ballistic drop and the time it takes the bullet to reach the target).

Afaik the Me 410s using the 50mm had telescopic sights, so if the gun is set to a 700 meters convergence or so you could just park at the 6 o clock of the bomber at that distance, hold still and fire, at such distances the gun wouldn't have trouble hitting a target the size of a heavy bomber, it comes from the Pz III's KwK 39.

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard