Sign in to follow this  
gimpy117

Gun Camera.

A simple suggestion for people who have a lot of hard drive space and powerful PC's (not me lol): Have a setting whenever the trigger for guns is pressed the game will automatically record a video. If it's possible from the gun sight is great, if not just wherever the head is looking.  

• Upvote 1

If you have a joystick that have programmable keys, this would be rather easy to implement. Using TARGET software with the Thrustmaster HOTAS, I could for instance program an ingame recording keystroke on both button down and button up events for the trigger.  You will get a lot of mission recordings though....

9 hours ago, Animal_Mother said:

If you have a joystick that have programmable keys, this would be rather easy to implement. Using TARGET software with the Thrustmaster HOTAS, I could for instance program an ingame recording keystroke on both button down and button up events for the trigger.  You will get a lot of mission recordings though....

thats a good idea, but making the recording stop when the trigger is released would be difficult 

Not with TARGET software, you can program events on both button down and button up.

Posted (edited)

I have experiment with this, but IMHO don't worth, the thing is that 1/2, 1 or 2 seconds - time of trigger pressed, video (dozens) will have little use.

DCS MiG-15 have a similar feature, with over screen preview.

Edited by Sokol1

would work by touching a key for that purpose

it would be activated when the pilot wanted and the result would be a gun can track

it would seem like an excellent idea

Easiest way to do it is (or used to be) to have an easy to reach hotkey button that toggles track recording on and off. Think of it as your weapons arming button.  Then record whatever camera angle you want from the track. 

Not sure how easy that is now, since the regrettable decision to remove the custom camera positions from the game.