Sybreed

[Fixed. Thank you devs!] Sorry if I'm harsh, but fighter/bomber careers suck

3 minutes ago, Sybreed said:

They did keep 440km/h once they reached altitude in the 2nd mission. Unless you have different results, I think they're fine.

Maybe I misunderstood you, I thought you were talking about the 109s climbing with more than 400km/h, which they did before the last patch, too. The difference is, they now stay at high speed when cruising, while before the patch they braked down to 330km/h. Now it is fine, I absolutely agree.

6 minutes ago, Sybreed said:

As for the ME262.... I think the issue is that cruise speeds are the same for most aircrafts (450km/h). I don't know if devs can change it for specific airplanes.

I don't know, because when thre is an AI flightleader, he is flying with at least 500km/h, it is only the wingmen, who fly too slow. And I observe the same issue in my current Ju88 career, where some of my squadmates also fall out of the formation and stay behind the flight.

Just now, Yogiflight said:

Maybe I misunderstood you, I thought you were talking about the 109s climbing with more than 400km/h, which they did before the last patch, too. The difference is, they now stay at high speed when cruising, while before the patch they braked down to 330km/h. Now it is fine, I absolutely agree.

I don't know, because when thre is an AI flightleader, he is flying with at least 500km/h, it is only the wingmen, who fly too slow. And I observe the same issue in my current Ju88 career, where some of my squadmates also fall out of the formation and stay behind the flight.

hmm well I believe you then, because I haven't taken the time to test these planes. I wish there was a way to report AI issues directly to the devs without being jettisoned to the complaints forum....

Technical issues and bug reports

Autopilot and  AI section 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

On 1/22/2020 at 3:04 PM, Sybreed said:

Did some more tests, my flight never went above 400-410 kph. I don't know why yours went faster but still, I won't complain.

Flight slowing down to wait for you?  Happens to me all the time due to my extremely bad formation flying.  They don't accelerate to the posted cruise speed until I'm right in my spot.  And then they slow down again, because I've invariably failed to accelerate with them.

16 hours ago, flagdjmetcher said:

Flight slowing down to wait for you?  Happens to me all the time due to my extremely bad formation flying.  They don't accelerate to the posted cruise speed until I'm right in my spot.  And then they slow down again, because I've invariably failed to accelerate with them.

yes it's possible, but I also think there's a limit to how fast an aircraft will fly with a specific loadout without going in combat mode. Right now, AI seems to push the engine right before combat mode, which is fine.