People starting to mention Normandy more and more.Certainly if you think about it , it covers quite a timeframe in terms of years.

Would include much of Tankcrew with scope to expand it.

Ships also would be very varied and many.

Aircraft variations from about 1942-44 are options.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Matt said:

I kind of doubt they recently added this just to confuse people or disappoint people who are looking forward to the PTO.

Also no indication that they plan to do a different PTO theatre than the previously announced Midway. So i guess Midway will be next. And i see no real chance that they work on two expansions simultaneously and add two more collector planes on top of that (like Jason recently posted). Of course a Midway map would be less work than any of the current maps, but they would still need to work on all those entirely new PTO planes.

I guess they might do another TC expansion and a Battle of the Bulge expansion to go along with BoBP could fit. I don't think another Russian front TC expansion would work that well. Most tanks would just be variations of the tanks already included in TC. I don't think an early war scenario like 1940 Battle of France or something similar would have enough pull (i'm pretty sure TC is struggeling already), also the number of different tank types would be pretty limited,  assuming it would still be focussed on tank vs. tank. And a move to North Africa is unlikely as well.

Just a quick fyi, tank crew is extremely popular in Il2's home country. Mother Russia, just go read their forums.

Posted (edited)

Honestly I think it'll most likely be Pacific or Battle of Berlin with Korea being a somewhat lesser possibility. I don't really want Korea, I do want the PTO but I'd love Berlin with few late war "experimental" German aircraft before that. I don't think it'd be hard to make a plane set for the Axis as people seem to think, the first thing that springs to mind is:

Bf 109 G10

Fw 190 A9

Fw 190 D12 

He 162 

Me 163

Just spitballing of course but there are options, I didn't even add any twin engined aircraft. 

I honestly don't want another Eastern Front scenario, we have three already, time to branch out IMO. 

Also regarding people speculating on the upcoming Collector Planes, specifically the people thinking they'll be PTO planes, come on, when have they ever released CPs for a module before it's released? It's not going to happen. I also doubt it'll be late war Soviet fighters, we don't really have a scenario for it (I believe). They'll almost certainly be BoBp related and it'll be one Allied and one Axis, like they've always done it. The Axis one will almost certainly be the Ar 234, they have jet tech modeled now but only one jet, plus Jason has mentioned he wants to do it. 

Edited by Soilworker

Posted (edited)

Soviet War battle heatmap (Dynamic graphic timeline 1941 - 1945)

Edited by Livai

I think there will be something they will believe will bring in new people with. Something they can make and sell with a profit. 

If they are good and ready for PTO they do it. 

It will all depend on how much investment it take and calculated income it will bring. 

I have not the faintest idea. 

If they develop bobp more , expand the map and plane set they can earn enough for a bigger project in the long run. Because 1944 Europe can be milked a long long time

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 6:32 PM, timothy55 said:

People starting to mention Normandy more and more.Certainly if you think about it , it covers quite a timeframe in terms of years.

Would include much of Tankcrew with scope to expand it.

Ships also would be very varied and many.

Aircraft variations from about 1942-44 are options.

I don't think Normandy is that big of a timeframe. The real action in that area comes just before and then in the weeks after D-Day. I think you could push the whole thing back to about January 1944 as the 2nd TAF and 9th AF stepped up their efforts all along the channel front (in an effort not to tip the Germans off as to the invasion zone) and then run it through to around the time of the liberation of Paris in August of 1944.

Before that things get more dispersed in terms of effort.

At some point they're going to have to try gaining market share in the other half of the world.  You may take off like a rocket if you can get them on board, since they won't buy only the latest battle once they bite.

• Like 1

Yeah those Patagonians have been waiting forever.

• Haha 3

So many different opinions,the truth is of course we don't have much of a clue.

For a simulation pilot like myself and yourselves the wait is of course absolute murder.

Once again Iam going for Normandy.

The period is roughly comparable to some other scenarios as time period goes, at least long enough.

Maps, again we wouldn't need the complete range of seasons.

I think Normandy would be a good choice when the experience would be done in some depth.

Tank Crew, as I stated before, good options to expand the title.

Of course great anticipation of what comes next.

I will just be philosophical when the answer does come.For some they will say I told you so, others will say not my first choice but I will take it, and others basically oh no!

When Operation Bodenplatte  becomes Battle of Bodenplatte,  now going on for many months and turns into four maps of the seasons of the year, and we

buy into that,we'll buy into anything. I have no trouble with this as I always thought the weaknesses of IL2s latest manifestation was not just for me AI but too few maps.

So whatever is the next project I will certainly be amongst the first to buy it and no doubt the quality will be top notch.

Whats Next ?

I'd be happy if they announced that after BOBP they were going to have skeleton support manning while the rest of them have a week or two long all expenses paid piss up at a sunshine destination. Call it a Team Building exercise lol.

• Like 1

An normandy campaign could work very well if it starts in January 1944 where operation steinbock could be included, this way we can include the me410/mosquito and either the ju188 or do217.

• Like 1

Leningrad / Karelia or Italian Theatre i hope

• Like 1

Besides PTO, Normandy makes the most sense. I guess in November we will know for sure.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 10:38 AM, LuseKofte said:

If they develop bobp more , expand the map and plane set they can earn enough for a bigger project in the long run. Because 1944 Europe can be milked a long long time

Agreed. The next big thing may not even be something "new". It can be something like "BoBp plus". And I would be fine with that.

I would go mad for an italian map. please consider that a Normandy map may be suitable for a battle of Britain scenario at first and for the D-Day years after....

regards

Maurizio

51 minutes ago, LittleMadz77 said:

I would go mad for an italian map. please consider that a Normandy map may be suitable for a battle of Britain scenario at first and for the D-Day years after....

regards

Maurizio

Well, the current game engine cannot do the number of bombers necessary for a decent Battle of Britain - so write that off (plus it has kinda been done to death (BOB)). Just saying.

• Like 1

whatever will be ok for me 

:)

But i think next project will be someting with sea. for example pacific.,

About collect planes no idea!

I-153 and B-239 will be super nice.

dev diary 229, hopefully..

• Upvote 1

You guys are so old school.  I was thinking next they do a War of the Worlds 1950's setting (sorry Mel, your version didn't cut it).

Those flying saucers with the eye ray gun thing - so cool.

Posted (edited)

Or 

&

Edited by RAY-EU
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, RAY-EU said:

Or 

Ray thanks for this.

Watched it like three times already, would love to see a modern starwars space sim with IL2 or DCS fidelity one day.

• Upvote 3

Jason if you are watching why not something present day as much as could be done.Russia v NATO , Lightning , Hornet ,Eurofighter , SU27 , SU35 , Mig35

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, timothy55 said:

Jason if you are watching why not something present day as much as could be done.Russia v NATO , Lightning , Hornet ,Eurofighter , SU27 , SU35 , Mig35

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ACG_Herne said:

Watched it like three times already, would love to see a modern starwars space sim with IL2 or DCS fidelity one day.

I really do wonder why they can put a man on the moon, but it is so hard to make a new X-Wing vs Tie Fighter or Dark Forces sequel. 

• Upvote 4

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

I really do wonder why they can put a man on the moon, but it is so hard to make a new X-Wing vs Tie Fighter or Dark Forces sequel. 

It's not hard, people even tried to make full remasters on unreal engine 4 but Disney/EA saw that people make better star wars games for free than their crappy 60$ trails that look worst than battlefront from 2004. That's what happens when company gives full and exclusive rights for games to something called EA. In 6 years they made 2 copy paste of battlefield but with less players and no destruction and now some PEGI +3 action game where lightsaber is nothing but a glowing baseball bat.

It's funny, i remember people complaining that lucas arts does not make enough star wars games back then. Heh...

jlejD7CUCpBejRgr.jpg

Edited by InProgress
  • Upvote 1

RIP KotOR, Republic Commando, Jedi Outcast, and the best of them all...

Pod Racer for N64!

Just kidding, Shadow of the Empire

Rogue Squadron and Battle For Naboo, surely to goodness ?

And getting this back on track... I guess Pacific !

Yep, you are correct, Korea or another Eastern Front.... I can see the Russian fans now, already drooling over the kills they will get in their Migs 15's!!!

Just now, Trooper117 said:

Yep, you are correct, Korea or another Eastern Front.... I can see the Russian fans now, already drooling over the kills they will get in their Migs 15's!!!

Why Korea? We have DCS for it. I think pacific, because they announced it before Bodenplatte.

3 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

And the Americans drooling over their victories in the F-86, and us Australians wondering how the hell we can repeat what Halestorm did 😄

2 minutes ago, [3./J88]PikAss said:

Why Korea? We have DCS for it.

We don’t. DCS has two Korean War aircraft and that’s it.

It'll be PTO, they didn't just increase the draw distances to 100+km for nothing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, timothy55 said:

DCS can keep all the F18's and SU27's. If I wanted to play those planes I would be in DCS. I have no desire to run around at supersonic speeds while shooting missiles at people.

The reason I started playing IL2 is because its WW2 and the eastern front. Plus there is plenty of room for expansion within the confines of WW2. The Pacific, Italy and the Mediterranean, North Africa, etc.

• Upvote 11

What would an air marshall mode entail anyway

28 minutes ago, Atlasapl said:

DCS can keep all the F18's and SU27's. If I wanted to play those planes I would be in DCS. I have no desire to run around at supersonic speeds while shooting missiles at people.

The reason I started playing IL2 is because its WW2 and the eastern front. Plus there is plenty of room for expansion within the confines of WW2. The Pacific, Italy and the Mediterranean, North Africa, etc

Well said!

IL-2 got prop fights as only sim right and now they should switch to jets? No, thanks. 😄

• Upvote 6