Sign in to follow this  
ShamrockOneFive

Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS flight pack review

One of the questions I get asked consistently and sometimes frequently is around choosing flight sim hardware that works well with IL-2 (or DCS or insert your favourite sim here). While a couple of my recent reviews have focused on higher end pieces, my latest hardware review is focused on Thrustmaster's T.16000M FCS flight package - a three piece kit that includes stick, throttle and pedals.

There's pros and cons to any setup but there's a lot to like here and its well suited to working with a sim like IL-2.

t16000m-flight-package.jpg

If you're interested in this package I've got the full review posted on Stormbirds and I'm always happy to answer any questions about the setup.

https://stormbirds.blog/2019/08/13/thrustmaster-t-16000m-fcs-flight-pack-review/

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Hall Effect sensors (called H.E.A.R.T HallEffect AccuRate Technology by Thrustmaster) with 16-bit precision

Better say: "Hall Effect sensors (called H.E.A.R.T Hall Effect AccuRate Technology by Thrustmaster) with 16-bit precision, in X, Y axes and conventional potentiometer with 8-bit precision is twist rudder and throttle axes." ;)

Potentiometer of T.16000M twist rudder causing spikes is a common complain.

Edited by Sokol1

Would you recommend this over a Logitech X56? I'm trying to decide between the T.16000 and the Logi X56, and I'm concerned about the apparent quality issues surrounding the X56. Trading out some extra functionality for a set of pedals and better build quality sounds like it might be worth it.

31 minutes ago, ShadowStalker887 said:

Would you recommend this over a Logitech X56? I'm trying to decide between the T.16000 and the Logi X56, and I'm concerned about the apparent quality issues surrounding the X56. Trading out some extra functionality for a set of pedals and better build quality sounds like it might be worth it.

I had the X 52 pro, it was rather busted when i dug it out of the cupboard but i did fly with it an awful lot, it was ok, bit clunky.

i much prefer my t.10000m, it's a far better stick imo, i like the snappyness of it and the strength of the spring, maybe not the best for ww2 sims in that regard but it's still fun.

the throttle is sticky, there's no getting around that unless you go online and grab Nyogel 767A and redo the greasing on the rails which i'm told makes it much, much better. i'm still working myself up for this having bought the gel.

the rudder pedals, will do for now. i'll upgrade at some point, they suffer from a weak spring and the same rail issues as the throttle, again nyogel is said to improve this along with either another spring or in some cases a stack of elastic bands added to the current spring (i did this and it does help a bit)

otherwise for the price you pay, honestly the set is not bad at all, i have seen compatability and config issues with the X56. i've had utterly none of this with the t.16000m FCS pack in either Box or CloD

Pete

38 minutes ago, ShadowStalker887 said:

Hi,

there is a lot of talk about quality issues with Saitek products. Now, I used to be a Thrustmaster enthusiast from the beginning (FCS, WCS, RCS of the 90's)

and I programmed a lot of macros for those devices (in DOS, so not very comfy!). Finally, as it became more and more difficult to run these devices under

Windows, I changed all my devices and chose Saitek, starting with the Throttle Quadrant, the Saitek Rudder Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel and finally with the

Saitek Rhino Combo (X55 - newer version is X56 now).

Well, I have to say, until now I never ever had any trouble with these devices. They offer a lot of possibilities and with the Saitek Profile Software you get

even more and complex configuration possibilities, not necessary needed for BOX, but if you own DCS modules then this will help you very much.

Cheerio