Sign in to follow this  
gimpy117

IL-4 as a collector plane

Posted (edited)

I would like to see the IL-4, a medium bomber as a collector plane for the soviet forces, to create some kind of parity with the He-111 for german teams. I personally feel the VSS is servery limited with sheer payload they can bring to the fight with the pe-2 (which is an excellent bird...just can't bring the pain). with double the payload the IL-4 would give the VSS a bird to at least bring as much as the He-111 or the JU-88 in bomb load 

link to Wikipedia

Edited by gimpy117
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I'd love to see this too - both as a target and to fly it.  Not that familiar with the VVS bomber fleet so I'm not sure if maybe there's another candidate that might be even cooler, but this or something like it would be a great addition.

I also very much hope to see IL-4 appear!
In fact, I am willing to buy any bomber at the price of a PREMIUM EDITION.

But I may be a minority?

It fits right in, IIRC this plane was built in large numbers and served all over the place.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, danielprates said:

It fits right in, IIRC this plane was built in large numbers and served all over the place.

plus the fact that it looks like a soviet mini b-17 

after some more reading, the DB-3F would be the best plane. it is very similar and was the plane produced directly before it was re-designated the il-4. the DB3-F was from 1940-44 so it would cover pretty much the whole map. 

Edited by gimpy117
  • Like 1

IL-4 and Tupolew Tu-2 would fit perfectly into the game. Especially if we, hopefully, could get 44 and 45 modules, so that we have a continous eastfront experience from 1941 to the end of the war in Berlin 1945.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/13/2019 at 6:19 PM, 312_strycekFido said:

We had Il-4 in 1946, I'd much rather Tu-2 this time :)

the tu-2 is nice yes, I just feel the Il-4 is a little more unique. the Tu-2 feels like a "super Pe-2" to me. I want an aircraft which is truly different and likely is a good balance to the He-111