Sign in to follow this  

1 minute ago, vortexringstate said:

Cant get IL2 to start. Keeps trying to update and fails. NOTHING i can do?! grrrr

There are already some different approaches and tips for this issue. Here is one from me:

- Go into your game folder and find the sub-folder called "updates". Delete this whole folder and restart your launcher.
  Usually this should fix your issue.

Cheers

Devs advise replacing a .dll file, you can download it from the post linked here. Follow those instructions, then see if it helps.

For me, my launcher told me failed to update before even trying to download. I then replaced the .dll, that didn't work. So I deleted the updates folder and restarted the computer and then it worked fine. So you may need to replace the dll and delete the updates folder. Save your startup.cfg file if you can, I was not able to and many of my graphics settings were reset. Not the end of the world but annoying.

Hi folks, I tried to delete updates folder, reinstall the launcher, restarted the pc and tried again to update the game but I have always the same result: failed to load backend library (see image).

I tried also to ask solutions at the Il-2GB support but til now I received no answers.

How can I solve these issues, please?

many thanks for all your help.

Ciao!

Marco

Imposs istall IL-2GB_5.PNG

If all other suggestions have failed, as a last resort, delete the entire game and reload. 😕

Hmmm...I deleted the “Updates” folder, then IL2 upon initiating the launcher did a verification check (took a few minutes), then the launcher downloaded and installed the update, no problem (except graphics tweaks needed to be done and luckily saved my joystick config. also).

Di you manage to get a hold of the .dll as listed above in this thread? I didn't have any luck with that route myself though.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Thad said:

If all other suggestions have failed, as a last resort, delete the entire game and reload. 😞

I think in the end It will be my only way forward...😞😡

23 minutes ago, BornToBattle said:

Di you manage to get a hold of the .dll as listed above in this thread? I didn't have any luck with that route myself though. 

what dlls should i change? I can not understand...😞

Edited by Marvel