Sign in to follow this  
Guest deleted@203812

Better smoke for immersion

Guest deleted@203812

Love the whole BoX series but what CloD does way better in my opinion is the "visibility" of the smoke after the target is destroyed.

For example if you bomb fuel/oil depot there is a huge black smoke column while in BoX there is a small grey/white smoke.

Is there a way to change the smoke style with mods or tweaking files ?

Maybe, you can use MCUs to activate large smoke plume when factory/refinery is damaged or destroyed...

I have a problem when flying ground attack missions.  The smoke and flame burns out and vanishes in thirty seconds or less.  Often quicker than I can wrench the aircraft around and come in for another pass.  It makes finding the target again difficult and provides an unsatisfying experience on the whole, as all my actions are being swept under the rug right in front of my eyes. 

What is it about the smoke and flame in the BoX series that requires it to be rationed in such tiny quantities?  Who created it to be such a recourse hog in the first place and why should it need to be rationed so tightly?  Is this the best that can be achieved with todays technology?  Are there any plans to ever look at it again or is this as good as it will ever get?

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

I have to agree, without  smoke war  lose  it immersion for me. Only first attacking plane would have clear view of battlefield but that how it was.  This game have very nice big  smoke tech but is used as static object. 

Edited by 307_Tomcat