MS-DOStoyevski

Joystick Limit or some other problem?

I recent made a button box from a Leo Bodnar BBI-32 board to add some more tactile controls to my current setup. On plugging it in, initially, the board wasn't being seen by IL-2. I restarted the computer, then the board was being seen but my Warthog Throttle was not. I deleted the "input" folder so that a new one would be made, and now one of my Cougar MFDs isn't being seen. I've tried renumbering the inputs in the devices.txt file, but that doesn't seem to have any bearing on whether or not a unit is able to be mapped in IL-2.

I checked in DCS to see if there was some problem with my connection, but all controllers are showing up and taking input there.

Does anyone know if there is some controller limit, or any obvious cause that would make one controller stop being seen?

The game support several controllers - more than 10. Probable an issue with USB ports.

Try leaving controllers plugged, rename the "devices.txt"  (in Input folder) and re-start the game.

47 minutes ago, Sokol1 said:

The game support several controllers - more than 10. Probable an issue with USB ports.

Try leaving controllers plugged, rename the "devices.txt"  (in Input folder) and re-start the game.

I have done that. I am still left only 6 active controllers of 7 plugged in. Re-ordering the controllers didn't really change anything (beyond the reported ID of the controllers), nor did plugging the one that isn't being seen directly into the PC (as opposed to a USB Hub).

The game supports up to 8 controllers and any more will not be recognized. Sometimes some other peripheral may show up as a game controller under windows. Best bet is to look at your active game controller menu under windows and the first 8 on the list will be recognized. 

Does anyone know of a third party app that actually works with Win10 to limit or reorder the usb devices seen by the game. Right now I have to unplug my T-master MFDs when launching IL2. Since I don't use them in game that's fine, but it would be nice if I could just leave all my button boxes and peripherals plugged in, and tell the game which controllers to use, and which to ignore, rather than having to unplug for IL2 and then replug for DCS. The 8 device limitation is inconvenient, but could be made tolerable if we could customize which 8 devices we wanted to use, rather than having to play the usb plug/unplug game.

Anyone have any ideas?

9 minutes ago, Sokol1 said:

Are DevReorder that promise this:

https://github.com/briankendall/devreorder

And HIDGuardin that allow hidden from OS a given USB device (controller).

https://github.com/ViGEm/HidGuardian

Based on what I've read in various forums, none provide a definitive solution for all people.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I tried DevReorder without any luck. Maybe the other one will work.