von_Michelstamm

So it's been months now...

...and i'm still not sick of the beautiful theme music.

It's better than most film scores today, let alone other games.

I especially love the somber dirge-y piano bit, reminds me of Chopin or Debussy.
The whole thing is simultaneously dark and uplifting, utterly perfect for the subject matter.

Good work

• Upvote 2

I actually dislike it totally, sounds quite ridiculous to me. I mute the thing and unmute the game when the battle starts

• Haha 2

Really?  Theres an option to mute the music.....

• Upvote 1

It reminds me quite a bit of the opening theme to the old daytime soap opera, Days of Our Lives.  

41 minutes ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

I actually dislike it totally, sounds quite ridiculous to me. I mute the thing and unmute the game when the battle starts

Setup/Sounds/uncheck title music

• Upvote 1

Video game music has never been too kind to flight sims. 😄

except maybe this one.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I always wondered, why they couldn't use music of the period that's in public domain. Every nation in the game produced some rather good (or at least tolerable) non-political music, that could just play lightly in the background.

An example: Alexander Tsfasman was one of the most successful Soviet jazz composers of the 1930s and early '40s. Having his music play in the background of Soviet careers would be a great mood-setter - and a welcome change from the generic theme and bombastic, heavy orchestral pieces usually associated with the USSR in video games. 

(Please ignore the propaganda painting of Stalin, Tsfasman's music generally is apolitical - or at least so I've been told, I don't speak Russian) 

Edited by Finkeren
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I liked this one from Birds of Steel (later War Thunder) on PS3:

Beethoven - Symphony No.7 in A major op.92 - II, Allegretto

Edited by JimTM
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, JimTM said:

I liked this one from Birds of Steel (later War Thunder) on PS3:

Ah yes, a bit of the ol' Ludwig Van...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

WWII online used to have great fan operated radio stations: Jerry marches, lilli Marlene, even some Charlie and his orchestra, etc on axis forces radio, and big band for the allies

3 hours ago, Finkeren said:

I always wondered, why they couldn't use music of the period that's in public domain. Every nation in the game produced some rather good (or at least tolerable) non-political music, that could just play lightly in the background.

An example: Alexander Tsfasman was one of the most successful Soviet jazz composers of the 1930s and early '40s. Having his music play in the background of Soviet careers would be a great mood-setter - and a welcome change from the generic theme and bombastic, heavy orchestral pieces usually associated with the USSR in video games. 

(Please ignore the propaganda painting of Stalin, Tsfasman's music generally is apolitical - or at least so I've been told, I don't speak Russian) 

Perfect choice, i would make it a main theme soundtrack!

I even liked original il2 music theme, anything cheerfull if you ask me but jazz music would perfectly represent ww2 ambient in non-depressive way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

It reminds me quite a bit of the opening theme to the old daytime soap opera, Days of Our Lives.  

Is this a confession that you used to watch it. If so my high estimation of you has just nose dived. Nah, you wouldn’t have watched???

Hehe.  Lord no!  I only remember hearing it playing from another room as a child, sometime in the early 1970's.  :popcorm:

1 hour ago, Feathered_IV said:

Hehe.  Lord no!  I only remember hearing it playing from another room as a child, sometime in the early 1970's.  :popcorm:

Same here LOL

Like sands through the hourglass...

The f14 soundtrack on the other game is actually fantastic for a ingame soundtrack

• Upvote 1

I like ambient space music in Star Citizen , first thing I do after fresh copy I do mute the il2 menu music :)

8 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

Jeremy Soule's IL-2: Birds of Prey theme song I always thought was rather good.

Yeah this was really good! I bought it. One of the best game scores. 

I literally can play the Aces Over Europe themesong in my head at will 😄

• Like 1

No mention of Matt Milne's compositions? - his music is amazingly moody with some absolutely atmospheric and terrific stuff - from his starting song, "War Rages On" and all throughout Wings Over the Reich. The music in Wings Over Flanders Fields UE is really really well done too - just hauntingly beautiful.

https://play.google.com/music/preview/Terqs6x6fqrtbirt4ru2e7kqtsq?play=1

call me old fashioned. still love the old il2 start up music. 

now THAT was a band ...

• Upvote 1