Sign in to follow this  
-HF-Aardvark892

Battle of France?

I truly hope that some day the IL2 series includes those aircraft often left out: French ones.  I'd love to see a good example of the D.520 and others.

Tim

• Upvote 3

It's not a bad idea.

The bodenplatte map is a nice template for that part of the battle that took part in Northern France.

You would need to add some aircraft like the Hurricane and E versions of the 109 up to the 3 as well, along with the Belgian and Dutch airforces though, this could take a while though..

15 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

What's up with all these threads? 

Summer holidays are over.

Now its time to dream and complain in forums.

7 minutes ago, Godspeed said:

Summer holidays are over.

Now its time to dream and complain in forums.

There are TONS of threads with "this is what i want next". Why not post your opinion there? Every thought doesn't deserve a brand new thread no matter how unique you think that brilliant idea was.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, -HF-Aardvark892 said:

I truly hope that some day the IL2 series includes those aircraft often left out: French ones.  I'd love to see a good example of the D.520 and others.

Tim

Well it is being done commercially elsewhere - and it's a smaller/shorter/less mass appeal (for lack of better term - no offense intended), so I doubt it is touched by 1C/777 anytime soon. That being said, would love to be able to fly Hawk 75 sometime in the future in a meaningful way.

2 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

A form of self indulgent solicitation maybe? It's the world we live in now. Say it often enough it becomes fact. Ask often enough maybe it'll happen as in this case?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

They can’t be bothered to run a search first.

• Upvote 2

Battle of the South-southeast Atlantic Ocean. That's the ticket right there. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, -HF-Aardvark892 said:

Tim

Of course, the Germans stripped occupied France of much of it's military equipment, as well as the factories tooling to make the equipment. Per Wikipedia, many were sent to Bulgaria where they fought against the Western Allies strategic bombing campaign. The Italians took some as plunder as well and used them as interceptors.The Vichy French government maintained colonial stocks, and they fought against the Western Allies in Syria and during the Touch operation.

So, there are lots of places they popped up at, not just 1940 France. However, I don't seen any indication they were used in France's East Asian colonies.

15 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

There are TONS of threads with "this is what i want next". Why not post your opinion there? Every thought doesn't deserve a brand new thread no matter how unique you think that brilliant idea was.

Hmm why you are giving me this advice.

If your motive is to give it to me so i can give them to the people who are making this threads.

Im not that active since i come and go maybe you should do it since im not going to do anything about the issue you are having.

13 minutes ago, Godspeed said:

Hmm why you are giving me this advice.

If your motive is to give it to me so i can give them to the people who are making this threads.

Im not that active since i come and go maybe you should do it since im not going to do anything about the issue you are having.

Sorry it wasn't directed at you, more as a generic "YOU".

Just building on your comment.

Be a guidance for lost souls searching without search...zum beispiel here