Jump to content

Curved wide monitors, open track, and sturmovik


Recommended Posts

von_Michelstamm
Posted

Considering something like the following. Any advice or recommendations in choosing one?

looking at under $500

Does the game look weird on a screen this long?

I assume the added length really helps with open track, allowing yaw rotation to be more gradual. Do you find this to be the case?

 

C74E70C9-A2EB-4F29-8585-8398F99D9FB3.jpeg

LLv34_Flanker
Posted

S!

 

 I am using a wide and curved 35" screen from AOC. I like it and have no problems with tracker device.

Posted
On 7/11/2019 at 12:28 PM, von_Michelstamm said:

Does the game look weird on a screen this long?

 

It certainly doesn't look weird.

I think that 21:9 aspect ratio sacrifices just a little of the image height in order to gain a lot of extra width, and the trade-off is worth it.

Before I bought my 34" 21:9 monitor I watched several 'comparison' vids on Youtube, and decided ultrawide was the way to go.

That Viotek looks like good value for the money.

 

Posted

Get this one, just awesome, arround €430 in EU.

Samsung C32HG70

[DNKN]GoNuts4Donuts17
Posted

I cant speak to the  21:9 ratio as mine is 16:9, but my MSI 32" curved screen monitor is great with this game, in fact every game I have. I got it for $150 brand new when I was building my PC and have seen them for double what I paid. I wanted a 4k monitor, but 1440p isn't bad, especially with the high refresh rate.

Annotation 2019-07-16 195010.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...