Sign in to follow this  
[RG]Flanker1985

Battle of Manchuria Next Please

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, bzc3lk said:

http://bbs.dof.cn/index.php?showforum=137      IL2 BOS/BOM/BOK/BOP  sub forum post numbers  total       120823

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/                           IL2 BOS/BOM/BOK/BOP  sub forum post numbers  total        543549  ( not including "Free Subject Posts")

If you are trying to use the above website to validate how big the Chinese market is , let us then have a look at the post totals to verify how big they  are when compared to each other. The above totals show where the "lion's" share of the market is based on your reasoning and it isn't in China. The developers are going to go  where the numbers are (potential sales) and judging by these comparisons, don't hold your breath waiting for the Manchuria theater to happen any time soon.

I am sure you know that is only one website in China. And I doubt you don't know that. So why did you only list the only website I list. Only take a few seconds to do a google search.

[Edited]

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

4 hours ago, bzc3lk said:

http://bbs.dof.cn/index.php?showforum=137      IL2 BOS/BOM/BOK/BOP  sub forum post numbers  total       120823

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/                           IL2 BOS/BOM/BOK/BOP  sub forum post numbers  total        543549  ( not including "Free Subject Posts")

If you are trying to use the above website to validate how big the Chinese market is , let us then have a look at the post totals to verify how big they  are when compared to each other. The above totals show where the "lion's" share of the market is based on your reasoning and it isn't in China. The developers are going to go  where the numbers are (potential sales) and judging by these comparisons, don't hold your breath waiting for the Manchuria theater to happen any time soon.

total posts 600000+ on russian il-2 forum, so then next dlc its east front as they are most active :)

Just now, 77.CountZero said:

total posts 600000+ on russian il-2 forum, so then next dlc its east front as they are most active :)

Manchuria was a soviet front so...  :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Given that the Manchurian airforce had barely any aircraft in 1945, and only around 35 in its entire history, and these planes would be flying on the side of the Japanese, I can’t really see how it would appeal to Chinese customers, even if it did make it past the CCP censors.

Wouldn’t they prefer a game set in the Korean War, one where they could play as Chinese pilots fighting for an independent China, rather than a Japanese puppet state?

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

Given that the Manchurian airforce had barely any aircraft in 1945, and only around 35 in its entire history, and these planes would be flying on the side of the Japanese, I can’t really see how it would appeal to Chinese customers, even if it did make it past the CCP censors.

Wouldn’t they prefer a game set in the Korean War, one where they could play as Chinese pilots fighting for an independent China, rather than a Japanese puppet state?

Good point, mate. But I don't know about Korea war part, however to answer you question about the "puppet state",
I have talked to many of my Chinese friends. as far as I know they won't choose the Japanese puppet state, and they will all choose the Soviet side to liberate the Northeast China from the Japanese occupation. CCP has similar view on the issue as well. Otherwise, IL-2:1946 would have been censored long ago since it had battle of Manchuria. But yet, IL-2:1946 was accepted by the minister of Sport in China as one of the 3 official flight simulations sport program.

Chinese treat the Soviet assault on Manchuria as much as their own battle. In fact according to my study, Chinese takes pride on their "Northeast anti-japanese united Army" which was led by CCP. This unit closely cooperated with the Soviet during the battle. Also during the Soviet assault on Manchuria there was a Soviet equipped Chinese Unit with Soviet Volunteers led by CCP known as the Dongning Special Force (东宁特遣队). They got their name because their effort led to the destruction of japanese Dongning fortification network in Dongning. 

Edited by tankxsx

I’ve just seen something that makes me think that a game that features Chinese collaboration with Japan will be less popular in China than elsewhere.

Creative Assembly just announced that Total War: Three Kingdoms will be getting a DLC based on the War of the Eight Princes, and this is how the Chinese community greeted the news: 

93EC1DBC-7FB3-4F02-A709-865846E07461.thumb.png.67d0cee215a7985fb631f266939501a2.png

If a Chinese man fighting to control China is disgraceful, then surely a Chinese man fighting to give China to Japan is even worse?

1 hour ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

I’ve just seen something that makes me think that a game that features Chinese collaboration with Japan will be less popular in China than elsewhere.

Creative Assembly just announced that Total War: Three Kingdoms will be getting a DLC based on the War of the Eight Princes, and this is how the Chinese community greeted the news: 

93EC1DBC-7FB3-4F02-A709-865846E07461.thumb.png.67d0cee215a7985fb631f266939501a2.png

If a Chinese man fighting to control China is disgraceful, then surely a Chinese man fighting to give China to Japan is even worse?

>The community

>A single post

🤔

TBH, devs should not listen to those rants by the "community", 75% of the time (in the past I would have said 90% but nowadays, a lot of game dev houses are bad indeed) are just "muh why X is/isn't in game?!?!?111?! Y-bias!1!1!1!". And I am pretty sure they know which is the content that the guy who will go silent but are heard by their wallets want.

About Manchuria both 1939 and 1945 I think that both are interesting in the history of aerial warfare and have interesting planes to put on the plate but I am sure that at the moment they are not worth the effort by the team as the situation is and with the resources they have. I would actually have preferred that we had concluded the Eastern Front before going to the Western Front, but surely it was the best idea for giving the team more breath space for future modules. I just hope that the series will grow to a point where we can also have this lesser "hot" scenarios which maybe are not the most popular yet are really important historically (SCW example: it was the catalyst for really important development in aviation for Germany, Italy, the Soviet Union and the entire World at large yet at the moment it would be an economical disaster). 

On 7/18/2019 at 12:03 AM, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

Whoever made this must be a mental. And that is not a figure of speech.
I don't know why or how sima family have anything to do with Chinese and our pride.
Let me as you a question. If they ever make a game about the Bloody Mary, would you feel ashamed?

• Confused 1