Sign in to follow this  
tankxsx

Berlin Next Please

I haven't been in the game for a while due to the real life issues. But now I am free and back. And awe~!! So many new things have been added into the game. Looks like I have to save up more money now to get all of them.
The newest addition to the game is the battle on the western border of the Germany. Now we can experience Battle of Bulge in game. This is beyond great.
Please tell me that the next map is Berlin itself. Since the we have got all the later war planes in the US, UK and German inventories (even the Me-262 is in the game now), we need the late war Soviet planes as well. Yak-3, La-7, Tu-2, IL-10 etc,  and Ta-152, one of the most beautiful plane in ww2 from the German side as well. And there is He-162 as well.
Please give us Berlin next please, please, please. Thanks for any considerations  :)

• Upvote 3

🏏💀🐴

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

We definitely need Berlin and all the late war planes. It is only fair to do so.
Also it is going to be so enjoyable to have all the late war planes fight together.
Personally I'd love the experience to bomb the Reichstag or the flaktower nearby.

You listed a lot of interesting late war planes, but you forgot Pe-8. That is also interesting one. Although it was introduced at the beginning of the war. It is very capable through out the entire war.

Edited by [RG]Flanker1985
Forgot to say
  • Haha 1

We have yet to see an official announcement about the next module after BoBP. There is some speculation ongoing, but nobody knows for sure. Maybe in fall we might be learning something.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, [RG]Flanker1985 said:

We definitely need Berlin and all the late war planes. It is only fair to do so.

That's funny.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

That's funny.

What's funny? People who like to play as a pilot from US, UK or Germany have already getting their Me-262, P-51D, Spitfire Mk 9. So why can't we get our Yak-3, La-7, Tu-2 etc? Racism much?

Edited by [RG]Flanker1985
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, [RG]Flanker1985 said:

Racism much?

I think you're really grasping at straws with that argument.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd still prefer the Med next. We already have so many mid war German and Soviet planes, about time for Western Allied, Italian and maybe a French aircraft.

Yeah, yeah, I know.

🏏💀🐴

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JtD said:

I'd still prefer the Med next. We already have so many mid war German and Soviet planes, about time for Western Allied, Italian and maybe a French aircraft.

Yeah, yeah, I know.

🏏💀🐴

I was really hoping for the Pacific, but the MTO would scratch the itch in the interim. :)

• Upvote 1

Devs should finally put a full stop for ETO by adding last top-fighters for VVS. That way, vocal minority of MP fighter jocks from all sides can have their toys collection completed. The rest of community, preferring SP and historical re-enactment can finally move to new fresh and interesting theatre of operations = PTO.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bzc3lk said:

I think you're really grasping at straws with that argument.

That only works if my argument is false. Which is oppose in this case. Why shouldn't we have top planes? So the only reason I can think of that someone wouldn't want to add that and deliberately making the multiplayer game unbalanced is because some racists want to keep their feeling of "superiority" in this virtual world that is called IL-2. haha

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I can imagine "Battle of Balaton"(Unternehmen Fruhlingserwachen and consecutive soviet counter-attack) as the last entry in ETO to include late war VVS planes. For germans it was the last significant offensive of the war. It will be also very good playground for Tank Crew, fielding top tier soviet and german armored vehicles.

Battle of Berlin is just one sided avalanche from soviet side. And has one big restriction for map creation = city of Berlin itself.

35 minutes ago, Brano said:

I can imagine "Battle of Balaton"(Unternehmen Fruhlingserwachen and consecutive soviet counter-attack) as the last entry in ETO to include late war VVS planes. For germans it was the last significant offensive of the war. It will be also very good playground for Tank Crew, fielding top tier soviet and german armored vehicles.

Battle of Berlin is just one sided avalanche from soviet side. And has one big restriction for map creation = city of Berlin itself.

As an alternative "Battle of Seelow Heights" and "Halbe pocket" would also work as a late war environment.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Berlin would give us some wiggle room with the plane sets:

as stated above we could have some Soviet late war types:

La-7

Yak-9

Tu-2 

Il-10

P-63 (collector aircraft open to suggestions here)

The potential German plane set provides some big problems, but we might be able to get around that with some creativity

Bf 109G-10

Fw 190A-9 w/F-9 modification (Alternatively another Dora, such as the D-11 or D-13 although these were built in extremely small numbers)

Ar 234

Ta 152H

He 162 (Collector aircraft?)

Issues: Very small numbers (with exception of the G-10 and A-9/F-9) of the German offerings were produced and fewer still saw operational service. The strategic and tactical picture for the Luftwaffe in April - May 1945 was abysmal: when the Luftwaffe showed up anywhere it typically got stomped by the superior numbers that the allies were able to field. Additionally: What modifications do the Germans get here, if any?

Do Soviet pilots want to fly in an environment with small Luftwaffe presence, attacking targets unmolested most of the time?

Pros: Very late war environment gives the opportunity for German pilots to fly in a  two front conflict vs the USAAF/RAF in the west and the VVS in the east, with the resulting differences in performance would give a challenge. While the Luftwaffe was extremely lacking in this stage of the war, the vast majority of what remained was concentrated against the Eastern Front. Soviet pilots get their late war hotrods that can fight on equal footing with their (admittedly rare) German counterparts, and you get a full circle from Operation Typhoon to the Fall of Berlin. 

Edited by AndytotheD
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Brano said:

The rest of community, preferring SP and historical re-enactment can finally move to new fresh and interesting theatre of operations = PTO.

Are you the ambassador of sp community? Not everyone is waiting for Pacific and find it interesting. I would rather stay on the east forever.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, [RG]Flanker1985 said:

What's funny? People who like to play as a pilot from US, UK or Germany have already getting their Me-262, P-51D, Spitfire Mk 9. So why can't we get our Yak-3, La-7, Tu-2 etc? Racism much?

Even funnier - and inane to boot.

Why, when it comes to late war, are barely/never-used-operationally aircraft like the Ta152, He162 and Ar234 always in the first line of selection?

We still don't have a BMW801 powered Ju88's or 188 or anything, there's no Me210/410 and no Dornier at all in game. Admittedly, not really SE fighters and therefore harder to model, but still - major gaps even in the late war German plane set. Built and flown in the hundreds and thousands, not dozens, if at all.

On the Soviet side, I'd rather have a Yak-3 then a P-63, but some sort of late war lend lease is absolutely justified. And a late P-39 is probably not attractive enough.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, JtD said:

Why, when it comes to late war, are barely/never-used-operationally aircraft like the Ta152, He162 and Ar234 always in the first line of selection?

We still don't have a BMW801 powered Ju88's or 188 or anything, there's no Me210/410 and no Dornier at all in game. Admittedly, not really SE fighters and therefore harder to model, but still - major gaps even in the late war German plane set. Built and flown in the hundreds and thousands, not dozens, if at all.

On the Soviet side, I'd rather have a Yak-3 then a P-63, but some sort of late war lend lease is absolutely justified. And a late P-39 is probably not attractive enough.

Because in 1945 those twin engined fighters and bombers, despite being built by the hundreds or thousands were used in infinitesimal numbers, unless serving as night fighters, because they were not allocated fuel. Even then the numbers of available twin engined aircraft serviceable was very low. In the Battle of Berlin time-frame from April-May 1945, the Luftwaffe had a grand total of 37 serviceable bombers, 20 of which were He 111s, but did have 480 night fighters, comprised mostly of Bf 110s and Ju 88s, with some He 219s, a couple of Wilde Sau and an Me 262 unit.

Incredibly the advanced bomber and twin fighter types that you listed, the Ju 88s, 188s and Me 410s were relegated to Strategic Recon units, and their serviceable rate was typically very high, but this is very likely due to the fact that they weren't flying very often if at all for lack of fuel. The Dornier 217s ended production in May 1944, and were also typically attached to these recon units.

In light of that, should the devs decide to do Battle of Berlin as the next installment, it would be a little disingenuous to include those types vs single engined fighters and jets that, although they operated in small numbers, did operate with a significantly higher operational tempo than their twin engine counterparts.

2 hours ago, AndytotheD said:

La-7

Yak-9

Tu-2 

Il-10

The potential German plane set provides some big problems, but we might be able to get around that with some creativity

Bf 109G-10

Fw 190A-9 w/F-9 modification (Alternatively another Dora, such as the D-11 or D-13 although these were built in extremely small numbers)

Ar 234

Ta 152H

Issues: Very small numbers (with exception of the G-10 and A-9/F-9) of the German offerings were produced and fewer still saw operational service. The strategic and tactical picture for the Luftwaffe in April - May 1945 was abysmal: when the Luftwaffe showed up anywhere it typically got stomped by the superior numbers that the allies were able to field. Additionally: What modifications do the Germans get here, if any?

Do Soviet pilots want to fly in an environment with small Luftwaffe presence, attacking targets unmolested most of the time?

Pros: Very late war environment gives the opportunity for German pilots to fly in a  two front conflict vs the USAAF/RAF in the west and the VVS in the east, with the resulting differences in performance would give a challenge. While the Luftwaffe was extremely lacking in this stage of the war, the vast majority of what remained was concentrated against the Eastern Front. Soviet pilots get their late war hotrods that can fight on equal footing with their (admittedly rare) German counterparts, and you get a full circle from Operation Typhoon to the Fall of Berlin. 

While I do like the setup there might have to be an alternative choise for the ar234 incase it becomes an collector aircraft for bodenplatte, maybe if battle of berlin starts with the vistula-oder offensive there might be enough of either he111h-20/ju188/late war ju88 to replace it.

If we want to have late war VVS airplanes, why we need to have also the same number of LW airplanes again? They are already in BoBP. This 1:1 business model runs out of steam here.

Map of Balaton area doesn't have to be huge, could be roughly 200x200km as in Forgotten Battles. Area is also without major settlements, which could speed up map creation.

Add Yak-3, Yak-9U, La-7 and Il-10.

For Tank Crew, add T-34/85, SU-100, IS-2, ISU-152, Tiger II, Panther G, Jagdpanther, Hetzer...

I think it could be viable package to sell both for pilots and tankers alike.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Brano said:

If we want to have late war VVS airplanes, why we need to have also the same number of LW airplanes again? They are already in BoBP. This 1:1 business model runs out of steam here.

Map of Balaton area doesn't have to be huge, could be roughly 200x200km as in Forgotten Battles. Area is also without major settlements, which could speed up map creation.

For Tank Crew, add T-34/85, SU-100, IS-2, ISU-152, Tiger II, Panther G, Jagdpanther, Hetzer...

I respectfully disagree on the grounds that there are still a couple of important variants (G-10/A-9) that are left out plus a few interesting developments that didn't see much service during BoBP's timeline but (and quite surprisingly) did see more use in April 1945. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Brano said:

This makes much more sense than any 'Battle of Berlin' scenerio.  As far as air operations go, there was no battle of Berlin. 

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Another interesting scenario for late VVS could be "Battle of Courland"

TIK has a nice series on the topic.

Edited by Brano
spelling
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, [RG]Flanker1985 said:

That only works if my argument is false. Which is oppose in this case. Why shouldn't we have top planes? So the only reason I can think of that someone wouldn't want to add that and deliberately making the multiplayer game unbalanced is because some racists want to keep their feeling of "superiority" in this virtual world that is called IL-2. haha

I'm not sure you understand what the word racism means... 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Brano said:

Yep.

A third party/DLC map plus some premium aircraft is the way to go.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JgonRedcorn said:

I'm not sure you understand what the word racism means... 

Racism means people playing a WWII sim made by a Russian development company staffed predominantly by Russian developers and talent not being super gung-ho for a particular theatre of war and late war soviet fighters. Do try to keep up!
Yak Lives Matter!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

All Yaks matter. That’s why some want them -9’s for Berlin ;)

*BTW, I’d call it Fall of the Reich, that way you can have several late war scenarios and all manner of Allied AC.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, AndytotheD said:

La-7

Yak-9

Tu-2 

Il-10

Bf 109G-10

Ar 234

Ta 152H

If it has to be east front i would like smething like that, but would go with Me-410 insted he-162 and insted P-63 that was suposedly not alowed to be used in west go with P-39Q. Beliving that Yak-9 is late war Yak-9U afcorse 😄

and it was 5 to 1 air advantage for vvs so not as big as it is in BoBp campaign well get so that should not stop it as posibility

5 hours ago, Brano said:

Hungaians had Bf-109G10s, Bf-109G6 with GM-1, Me-210Ca1s and hungarian build Re.2000 so it can be 4x4 and small map, i like that map in Il-2 online missions usealy had airstarts for american airplanes also.

12 hours ago, [RG]Flanker1985 said:

If you're calling somebody a racist, because they're not interested in late war soviet aircraft, that's some next level horse dookie. If you're thinking that they're doing it because they want to maintain their feeling of superiority, you should remember that late war soviet aircraft were still inferior to everything except for late war japanese aircraft so they're feelings are hardly threathened.. Come and call me a racist now.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

Yak Lives Matter!

I don't know why this so funny...but it is.

14 hours ago, [RG]Flanker1985 said:

I think you need to learn the definition of racism.

As for the OP, Berlin does nothing for me as long as it's only soviet aircraft. Russian aircraft are uninteresting to me for the most part.

I'd be disappointed if they went with another Russia vs Axis expansion so soon.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, [RG]Flanker1985 said:

That only works if my argument is false.

Your argument only has merit when based on facts and not emotions.

Lets look at the facts below.

LaGG-3 Series 29
Yak-1 Series 69
IL-2 AM-38 (model 1942)
Pe-2 Series 87
I-16 Type 24
MiG-3 Series 24
IL-2 AM-38 (model 1941)
Pe-2 Series 35
Yak-7b Series 36
IL-2 AM-38F (model 1943)
La-5 Series 8
Yak-1b Series 127
La-5FN Series 2

Thirteen Russian  aircraft so far.

P-39L-1
A-20B
P-40E-1
Spitfire Mk.V

P-38

P-51D

P-47-D

Tempest MkV

Spitfire Mk IX

B-25  Ai at this stage.

Ten Western allied aircraft and Five were also used by the Russians. Keep  in mind that these examples are not the top tier premier versions of these aircraft.

I know who is getting the better end of the deal here so far.

Why shouldn't we have top planes?

With that thinking, War Thunder might be better suited for you. Also what is this WE supposed to mean? The emotional "Them and us mentality" needs to be checked I'm afraid, as I don't care personally who I fly for, except to experience the battle from both perspectives.

So the only reason I can think of that someone wouldn't want to add that and deliberately making the multiplayer game unbalanced is because some racists want to keep their feeling of "superiority" in this virtual world that is called IL-2. haha

Like I said before, try War Thunder if your looking for that "Balanced" experience. This 'Racist' rant draws many parallels with "Godwin's Law", if you can't come with a valid argument, start screaming Nazi or racist, you lost all credibility in your statement with that false "racist" emotion based attack on the Developers..  I have full confidence that the Developers will eventually cover most of the premier aircraft used by all sides in the conflict in Due Time, so the "I want it now crowd" will have to sit on the fence until their new toys arrive.

Edited by bzc3lk
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bzc3lk said:

Your argument only has merit when based on facts and not emotions.

Lets look at the facts below.

LaGG-3 Series 29
Yak-1 Series 69
IL-2 AM-38 (model 1942)
Pe-2 Series 87
I-16 Type 24
MiG-3 Series 24
IL-2 AM-38 (model 1941)
Pe-2 Series 35
Yak-7b Series 36
IL-2 AM-38F (model 1943)
La-5 Series 8
Yak-1b Series 127
La-5FN Series 2

Thirteen Russian  aircraft so far.

P-39L-1
A-20B
P-40E-1
Spitfire Mk.V

P-38

P-51D

P-47-D

Tempest MkV

Spitfire Mk IX

B-25  Ai at this stage.

Ten Western allied aircraft and Five were also used by the Russians. Keep  in mind that these examples are not the top tier premier versions of these aircraft.

I know who is getting the better end of the deal here so far.

With that thinking, War Thunder might be better suited for you. Also what is this WE supposed to mean? The emotional "Them and us mentality" needs to be checked I'm afraid, as I don't care personally who I fly for, except to experience the battle from both perspectives.

Like I said before, try War Thunder if your looking for that "Balanced" experience. This 'Racist' rant draws many parallels with "Godwin's Law", if you can't come with a valid argument, start screaming Nazi or racist, you lost all credibility in your statement with that false "racist" emotion based attack on the Developers..  I have full confidence that the Developers will eventually cover most of the premier aircraft used by all sides in the conflict in Due Time, so the "I want it now crowd" will have to sit on the fence until their new toys arrive.

What are you talking about? When I said balance, I meant the year of the aircraft entered the service. I have always argued for the realism of the game on this forum. I even suggested for realistic engine start up before. What is this fact you are showing me? All I see is that there is a P-51D which was a 1944 plane, the newest plane we got is the La-5FN which was introduced late 1943 as far as I know. And where is this "I want it now crowd" come from? I was merely making a suggestion. Did you get that out of fortune cookie?
I made a suggesting that to have late war planes on the Soviet side, and then there were a few guys talked about their opinions. Some believes that Late war planes are still inferior, some believe Berlin battle is one sided. That's their opinion, which is fine. But this guy jumped out and quote my words and remarked it as "funny". Now maybe this is my poor English skill talking, but that sounded like a provocative remark. Why would somebody tries to provoke someone he never even met before? The one 2 reason I could think at the time was 1: he is a racist or 2: he has either mental or personality issues. which in both case I would suggest him to get professional help.

Posted (edited)

Since when is Russian a race?

I think siege of Malta would be cool. Lots of naval activity with aircraft carriers

:salute:

Skud

Edited by ATAG_SKUD

To be clear, I would be all for a late-war eastern front scenario. I really like the Eastern front and I'm glad that the Il-2 series in general has introduced me to a theatre of the war I didn't know much about. My only concern regarding a Battle of Berlin would be how resource-intensive a realistic map of Berlin would be, both in creation and in running it on mid-range rigs and servers.

But the accusations of anti-Russian bias are just too funny. We've only just started exploring other theatres of WWII and the player base is expanding because of it from what I can see.

Jason has said in the past that they're not done with the Eastern front yet and they would like to return in the future. But I doubt it will be the next phase. There's a bunch of directions to go for the next chapter and my money is on either the Pacific or another western front scenario, although I think personally I'd like to see Italy or North Africa (both are long shots I think).

22 hours ago, Brano said:

There's a pretty huge number of Axis-only players and Luftwaffe planes are generally speaking, more popular than the rest.

Also the career mode would either be limited to the Russian side or would require people to buy BoBP as well to fly those Luftwaffe planes on the new map, so they would basically have to buy the pack for the map only.

So i think a late war Eastern Front pack without Axis planes would be a pretty big risk.

But i could think of a couple of planes anyway, like

Fw 190 A-9

Bf 109 G-10

Me 410

Ju 188

He 162 (collector plane)

Which would actually be more  completely new planes than the BoBP planeset has. So i don't think it runs out of steam yet. Ar 234 could of course also be added, but i think it makes more sense to release it sooner as a collector plane for BoBP.

I think the chance to go back now to the east is pretty small, as the step to the west with BOBP (also the plan for Pacifc) was to get more players, especially from the US. It wouldn't make much sense to go now back to the east. So it surely wil be more something like Normandy, Italy or Pacific.

But I absolutely understand Flanker's wish to get russian late war aircrafts for MP. And especially americans should understand this wish, too, as they were crying the loudest, that they wanted lend and lease aircrafts in the russian scenarios, so they could fly their own aircrafts, and that they didn't want another east front game, but wanted a game with the americans involved. And all these wishes are absolutely fair. But then you should accept, that russians want their own aircrafts for late war scenarios in MP.

So the solution might be a russian late war collector's plane. A plane that gives russians the possibilty to take part in late war MP flying with their aircrafts, but holds the possibility for the Devs to make later a late war scenario at the east front as game.

Normandy...hmm...and what will LW get?

Italy....hmm...and what will LW get?

Pacific....hmm..and what will LW...ah...no LW. Business ruined 🤔😁

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Brano said:

Late war Italy campaign starting with Gothic line push in late 1944 and continuing into 1945 would offer interesting stuff for axis:

Axis: G.55 Serie I , MC.205V Serie III , Bf-109G-10 , Me-410B-3 (or Do-217J ), Ar-234B-2
Allieds: P-39Q-20 , P-47D-30 ( or P-47D-22, or P-51C-10/Mustang III ) , Spitfire Mk.VIII , B-26G-5 ( or Mosquito NF MK.XIX ) , B-25J-15 ( or just B-25D from bobp made flyable )

Spoiler

10sg01d.jpg

And you can use Fw-190F8, Bf-109G6, P-51D-15, P-47D-28, Spitfire Mk.IXe, P-38J already in game, also as its late war no need for navy actions, and map would not be flat like rest.

Edited by 77.CountZero

2 hours ago, Matt said:

There's a pretty huge number of Axis-only players and Luftwaffe planes are generally speaking, more popular than the rest.

Also the career mode would either be limited to the Russian side or would require people to buy BoBP as well to fly those Luftwaffe planes on the new map, so they would basically have to buy the pack for the map only.

So i think a late war Eastern Front pack without Axis planes would be a pretty big risk.

But i could think of a couple of planes anyway, like

Fw 190 A-9

Bf 109 G-10

Me 410

Ju 188

He 162 (collector plane)

Which would actually be more  completely new planes than the BoBP planeset has. So i don't think it runs out of steam yet. Ar 234 could of course also be added, but i think it makes more sense to release it sooner as a collector plane for BoBP.

What time frame are we looking at? Cause these two saw almost no service after December 1944, except in the tactical and strategic reconnaissance roles (which it's questionable if they flew regularly at all) and the 162 only saw service in April 1945 (More Ta 152s saw service than He 162s)

1 hour ago, Brano said:

That's simplifying the issue a bit. This is probably a generalization that I shouldn't make but it would probably be difficult to get people to fork out for 5 VVS planes only in a late war Eastern Front scenario. Not when there are a few late war Luftwaffe types that can still be represented. It is further my opinion that Italy and Normandy would suffer without the inclusion of strategic bombers which played a huge role in both campaigns, but I respect the engine limitations and the Dev's time. I think the only true way forward is through the PTO, but again that's me.