Sign in to follow this  
Max_von_Wuthenau

painted prop tips

I was wondering if the colored prop tips are hard coded into only some of the planes, because for the life of me i can't find the part on any template (even of the planes with yellow prop tips) that shows the prop blades in motion.

what i mean is, I can paint the prop tips of any plane, however as soon as the prop starts spinning the tip is black again (except for the british and american planes).

They most probably are 'in - game'. If they are they'll be in the form of the .dmg files which contain all this information, along with interior cockpit and the like. You CAN modify them but it consigns you to have  Mods enabled and even then only you can see them. A similar issue is there with, say, the tyres on the Sturmoviks. I was trying to make them more matte and the only way I could was using this method. In the end it wasn't really worth it.

Anyway, that said they're in the data folder in your game directory, either under Skins.gtp or Planes.gtp. You need to put this extractor http://www.mediafire.com/file/caxpalaudz1hd47/unGTP-IL2.zip in the data folder and then drag each of the files ONTO it to extract them. At the top of the data Folder you'll then have a folder called 'null' which contains all the .dds files.

• Upvote 1

yea i figured it would be a royal pain in the ass, so no white prop tips for zeh germans then. but thank you anyways Raptor

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 3:20 PM, Max_von_Wuthenau said:

... so no white prop tips for zeh germans then…

white_tips.thumb.jpg.1150925d2c3d9e512eb0ac9b8193766d.jpg

It is possible (and relatively easy) as seen on this Screenshot of the default skin of the Bf 109E7.

You only have to edit "name_of_plane"_blr.dds file encrypted in planes.gtp, planes2.gtp,...and copy it in data/graphics/Planes/"name_of__plane"/Textures (with mods allowed).

However, no offense, but where did you see white tips on propellers of german planes ? ;)

Edited by Pierre64

4 hours ago, Pierre64 said:

white_tips.thumb.jpg.1150925d2c3d9e512eb0ac9b8193766d.jpg

It is possible (and relatively easy) as seen on this Screenshot of the default skin of the Bf 109E7.

You only have to edit "name_of_plane"_blr.dds file encrypted in planes.gtp, planes2.gtp,...and copy it in data/graphics/Planes/"name_of__plane"/Textures (with mods allowed).

However, no offense, but where did you see white tips on propellers of german planes ? ;)

I haven't seen it. i think it just looks cool. thx