I have read many Faq's and have been unable to find anything on this subject. I can look around using the Numbers pad, but I can find nowhere how to  set up the view toggle on my x52 stick. Since I have to take my hand off the stick to use the numbers pad, it just ruins the game play for me. I have figured out how to setup most of other controls on the stick, please tell me where I can set up the POV's

Settings > Pilot Head Control

Map it to a Hat control.

That's not working for you?

You should really purchase a head tracker, they are amazingly immersive and improves your gaming experience to another level.

Thanks Poppa but I can not find "settings" anywhere in the Cliffs of dover version and so cannot locate "pilot Head Control".

Where exactly can I get to settings?

Posted (edited)

You might want to update your OP so there is a reference to CoDover.

Sorry I don't have CoD so can't be of assistance.

You might like to try posting the request in one of the major Facebook pages as there tends to be a faster response and more regular social readers there. 

See you up in the skies!

Edited by Poppa

Thanks for your effort . I don't know what OP stands for so I can't update it.

Posted (edited)

Matelot6 

OP is a "urban dictionary" thing, an acrimonious when related to forums* means "original poster", in this case your initial topic.

What the guy suggest is that you post again under iL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover forum section, there:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/110-technical-assistance/

Is common people confuse "technical assistance" section of Battle of Stalingrad with Cliffs of Dover and vice-versa.

Since commands in both games is a bit different - specially the view control, use of POV HAT, and relatively few people play both games your chance of help increase if post in correct section.

* Related to games OP can means "overpowered". 

Edited by Sokol1

What exactly do you need?  Are you talking about using your hat to show 8 different views?   I don't play CLoD any more but before I got TrackIr I used to have that on my hat switch so I can confirm it works in CLoD.    I think I just programmed it direct from the game ie I chose the entry for 'Look Right' and pressed the hat right etc.  I do remember that sometimes it was tricky to choose the 45 degree positions without accidentally going to 0 or 90 (same for 135, 225, 315) so you had to keep cancelling it and trying again.

Thank you all for trying to help me get my POV's working. I have tried to the best of my ability to follow the advise given. I have to regretfully admit defeat. I have been flying another sim for nearly 25 years and it has advanced greatly. The IL2 program appears to have slightly better graphics, but the other program has more depth and I can make my stick do what I want easily, so I guess I'll stick with what I know.

Thanks again and good gaming