Sign in to follow this  
6./ZG26_Loke

TrackIR and G-force?

After getting back to use TrackIR, I've had the Challenge, that when I try to pursuit someone in a hard turn. I get about 20cm or more shorter, which makes it impossible to, not only follow, but certainly also to aim and shoot.

This screenshot in not showing the worst, but still show it pretty well. Is there a way to correct that? It is hardly realistic that someone should get that much pushed down into ones seat. 
Not using TrackIR, it does not happen.

2019_7_6__12_43_45.jpg

There is a issue of "sinking to seat" with trackir. Naturalpoint (trackir developer) confirmed this bug and said they are working on it. But that was months ago when they said this to me. I've switched to edtracker...

But as a fix you can disable trackir y-axis or try to minimize the bug by editing trackir curves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2019 at 2:34 PM, 6./ZG26_Loke said:

After getting back to use TrackIR, I've had the Challenge, that when I try to pursuit someone in a hard turn. I get about 20cm or more shorter, which makes it impossible to, not only follow, but certainly also to aim and shoot.

This screenshot in not showing the worst, but still show it pretty well. Is there a way to correct that? It is hardly realistic that someone should get that much pushed down into ones seat. 
Not using TrackIR, it does not happen.

2019_7_6__12_43_45.jpg

What do you mean? Without changing your head position? I've never seen this!

Edited by J2_Bidu

What I mean is pretty obvious, I believe. 

When you are in a tight turn, your view sink as shown above, but only when using TrackIR. If I don't use TrackIR, it does not happen. 

1 hour ago, 6./ZG26_Loke said:

When you are in a tight turn, your view sink as shown above, but only when using TrackIR. If I don't use TrackIR, it does not happen. 

I'll have to check that tomorrow. It is true I don't have TrackIR, rather the DelanClip + FaceTrackNoIR, and my camera is on the bottom, not above the monitor.

I'm pretty sure I would have noticed such a weird behavior if I had it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Loke said:

Fully confirmed, same here - a high-G-manoeuvre > 1 sec and I'm sinking down the seat - sudden rubber spine disease. I'm wasting a precious button on the joystick to re-center the view quickly. But doesn't help sometimes. Driving me mad! I missed so many snapshot-occasions just because of that. Keeping the opponent in sight, getting him back in front of the nose and then the reticle is far out of center or even completely out of view ... :o::joy::dash:

• Upvote 1