Sign in to follow this  
[FAC]Ghost129er

Suggestion: VSync 59/60 Cap Choice

Hi all,

Being a Player/User that uses a non-gaming monitor, I often suffer from input lag/sluggish movement to some extent in apps/games (EG, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive) when using VSync at a FPS lock of 60 FPS. This has been resolved/fixed when I can cap my FPS to 59 instead of 60 FPS. Perhaps the a/the/any developers (or people) who own CS:GO can give this a try for themselves and see what they think of this, but this affects me due to what seems to be my monitor limit/capability. It's actually an LG Television (20 inch) instead of a monitor..

I was hoping there could be an option added where we can choose from either 59 or 60 FPS lock rather than having the FPS locked at 60 FPS only. I have gotten into a recent habit of using VSync for nearly all my applications now and without VSync I tend to suffer from sever tearing, as it is, I run a GTS 450 for Battle of Stalingrad and GSync/monitor upgrades are out of the question due to personal reasons.

tl;dr - In summary; a request to dev's for the ability to have variable/a choice of 59 or 60 FPS cap when VSync is enabled. 

-Ghost
P.S. Admins/Mods - I tried to see which section this best fits.

Don’t run the FPS cap and Vsync at the same time. Just switch the FPS cap off and turn Vsync on. Yes you will get tearing without Vsync which is the reason for setting it on. 

The lag you are getting might come from using a TV as those add video processing. If it has a game mode, switch that on. 

• Like 1

It's a cheap budget LG monitor that's used as a mini TV for really economical use; I am aware of gaming mode and etc for all these things and am not exactly new, but again, this 59 FPS cap does sometimes provide help. I've enabled/locked my FPS to 59 using Nvidia Inspector for now and have noticed a difference in my control response as I have with CS:GO. Again, this is just a suggestion for them but thanks for the info though.