Sign in to follow this  
ATAG_Pattle

Team Fusion Simulations Update 6 July, 2019 - 5.0  Map WIP

The Team Fusion Simulations map team have selected five areas of interest as they work through what is a massive task populating the North Africa map.

The map is in Alpha stage, and many more additions and improvement are being added to the map. It does not include the new cloud systems and weather,  or other details such as rock formations or rocky abuttments, distance views, etc. etc. which will be seen in the final version.

We are attempting to be as accurate to 1941 information as possible. Researching accounts of the troops fighting, books, lots of Australian war pictures, and of course Zoom Earth, as surprisingly, a lot is still visible, or at least the earth disturbances, so we can piece pictures of structures to actual map and areas.

The screenshots shown are from the following:

Derna area - Red clay and high plains with hamlets placed correctly as per military maps produced in 1941. Derna city is currently a work in progress, with textures and building placement to be added.

Sidi Barrani - Egyptian town on east of map. Fort/barracks and town areas.

There are small towns dotted along the coast and inland under Sidi Barrani. Work is currently underway completing the town and surrounding forts. 

Bardia - Libya. Across border from Egypt. Work in progress. Screenshot shows the fort and harbour area accurate to pictures of the day.

Ft. Capuzzo - Based from pictures of the day. The area is still visible from Zoom Earth. Italian, on border with frontier wire placed.

Tobruk - Near completion. As per military maps at the time. Redoubts in surrounding areas also near completion, along with surrounding forts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

What an unbelievably difficult task you guys have been battling on with. Thanks for the update and the hard work going into this project. I, like so many others appreciate what you are and have been doing and can't wait to fly the 5.0.

PS. I'm l loving the new level of frequent updates.

Cheers

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

You are definitely generating some excitement after a long dry spell of not seeing what has been going on within TFS development. Thanks for all of the updates and actually showing the community some of the fruits of your labor. 5.0 is looking good, keep up the hard work and I for one cannot wait to fly over the Sands of Tobruk. A day one purchase for me. Good luck!:good:

S!Blade<><

• Like 1

Those first shots up to :39 remind me a lot of the original Il-2 1946 maps, where the limit of 24 individual landscape textures per-map made it hard to get a transition from one type of earth to the next.  I'm always interested in how the maps are made and I appreciate the challenge you face.  Can you reveal how many individual textures a map can use in this version of the game?

• Upvote 1

This map sure looks great. Must be enough to shut some people up, when it comes to this game still being actively developed or not. 

PS: I was indeed a little worried with the hiatus on the dev diaries, then out of the blue we get, what, some half a dozen updates within a few days! pheeewww!