[_FLAPS_]Diggun

Flying Legends 2019 13 + 14th July.

Seems like there's going to be a few of us heading along to this! Shout out if you'll be there.

I'm only going on Saturday the 13th this year, but would be keen to have a Great Battle's pint with any of you all!

Also, I'm Cambridge based, so if anyone's coming down before hand on the Friday, we could do-the-social in one of Cambridge's (many) lovely pubs....

I'll be there for the 14th. Seeing as you are cambridge based Diggun PM your mobile number and I'll send you a text to grab a Beer after the show if you are available.

• Like 1

I'll be around on the 13th

• Like 1

6 or 7 DangerDogz will be there Saturday

• Like 1

We are coming in for next years show. Can’t find dates yet. Is it always second week of July or does it move around a bit?

1 minute ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

second week of July or does it move around a bit?

I believe it is usually the 2nd weekend in July, but I'd wait until they announce next years dates before booking anything!

Might I suggest a rendezvous under the screen on the left hand side of the domed, glass fronted American hanger during the AeroSuperBatics Wing Walkers Formation Pair?  

a) It's the worst bit of the entire day

b) The location is handy for both ice cream AND beer

c) It's probably the easiest place to find each other?

I will be there on saturday.

Currently I'm staying at a hotel 10mi nw of Cambridge, and I'm quite indecisive how to get to the airshow tomorrow.

As I came with public transports, I've got two options:

1. Take a Taxi to Cambridge and use the official shuttle bus from there on.
    Pro: No risk to get stuck in traffic jam on Taxi.
    Con: Lots of traffic in Cambridge, Shuttle bus might be overrun, gets stuck in traffic itself and only operates every 30 minutes or so, therefore depending on the situation, it might cause significant delayed entrance itself.

2. Go directly to IWM by Taxi.
    Pro: Fastest if the traffic isn't too chaotic.
    Con: Slightly more expensive, in case of massive traffic jam almost inacceptable.

Does any of you pros have experience with either of the two and/or a recommendation for me?

:drinks:

Mike

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, SAS_Storebror said:

Does any of you pros have experience with either of the two and/or a recommendation for me?

I have both. Get a taxi to the station and then get the shuttle bus. Honestly. The queue will look intimidating but if you're there by 11 you'll be at the airfield in plenty of time for the flying. I'll be getting a bus about 10:30.

Also you'll save yourself about a million pounds in taxi 

Edited by Diggun

2 hours ago, SAS_Storebror said:

will be there on saturday

I envy you all. 

I hope to be there next year. We plan to rent a channelboat for two weeks and take train up westcoast to scotland. So if I manage to get flying legends inbetween that I be happy. Missus agreed if we could time it

• Like 1

Great show today! Got to fulfill a little bit of a dream!

MVIMG_20190713_173819~2.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:35 PM, LuseKofte said:

I envy you all. 

I hope to be there next year. We plan to rent a channelboat for two weeks and take train up westcoast to scotland. So if I manage to get flying legends inbetween that I be happy. Missus agreed if we could time it

Get in touch if you do. Haven't been for a few years now and it's about time I went again.

1 minute ago, Red_Cat said:

Get in touch if you do. Haven't been for a few years now and it's about time I went again.

Yes I will. We are going to UK. So we can take a pint somewhere anyway

Sorry I stood you up on Sunday Diggun. We were all knackered by the end, and I really did not fancy the drive into the center of cambridge.

PDp7uMA.jpg

VR in IL2 is awesome, but I was surprised just how snug the cockpit was, everything was in very easy reach. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

watching the P51 do loop after loop yesterday I thought was very impressive, seemed like it was able to effortlessly retain energy, and it sounded wonderful diving at high speed.

I think the highlight of the show for me though, as much as I enjoyed seeing 15 spits flying in formation has to be the bearcat.

sooo much power, loop after loop and must have been climbing up to 4 - 5000 feet at the top of each loop. It was outstandingly fast and agile compared with everything else I saw at the show. Really wonderful, must be a real joy to fly

Edited by Herne