Posted (edited)

Hello all can anyone help me with mapping my Warthog stick and throttle please ? THANKS in advance.                                                                                                                                                                                Just a simple profile for the hog stick and throttle anybody ?

Edited by JUSTPLANECRAZY
more specific

Posted (edited)

yeah, i could use help too. just tried to get it running with TARGET and the downloaded fcf for BoS from the thrustmaster site .....no luck there.

two Qs:

1) where is the Warthog set up file located in Great Battles? And in Cliffs of Dover?

2) It seems that the Warthog joystick has no HOTAS; does not have a Z axis like the TM 16000 has.

I used that for rudder (yaw) control, as i don't have or want pedals .....

J

Edited by jackd
added info

Posted (edited)

(IMHO) Without properly knowledge of how work, T.A.R.G.E.T. more hinder than help, so:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/pc/hotas/software/TARGET/TARGET_User_Manual_ENG.pdf

Are too many variables involved in  buttons assignment: game difficult  ("realism"),  if player use TrackIR or VR, if play more SP or MP, plane preference... what turn pick someone made profile not much practical.

Both Bo'X and CloD just allow map joy buttons direct in game controls interface, what if the intention is "a simple profile" is the best to do.

CloD allow - if want,  save joystick assignments for specific planes (funcions SAVE and LOAD in game controls). Bo'X no, only a global profile for all planes.

Edited by Sokol1

Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2019 at 3:32 PM, JUSTPLANECRAZY said:

Hello all can anyone help me with mapping my Warthog stick and throttle please ? THANKS in advance.                                                                                                                                                                                Just a simple profile for the hog stick and throttle anybody ?

I just have been trying to figure out one, but it seems boost modes are not working with a Hurricane QM, or Bf109. Might be a bug discussed elsewhere.

Sokol suggested to put the configuration file (confUser.ini) here,  if you run from the Steam installation:

C:\Documents and Settings\-user name-\My Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

download, but i don't know for sure if it's the right file as there's a conf.ini, and a confs.ini file there too  .... 

confUser.zip

Edited by jollyjack

1 hour ago, jollyjack said:

I just have been trying to figure out one, but it seems boost modes are not working with a Hurricane QM, or Bf109. Might be a bug discussed elsewhere.

Sokol suggested to put the configuration file (confUser.ini) here,  if you run from the Steam installation:

C:\Documents and Settings\-user name-\My Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

download, but i don't know for sure if it's the right file as there's a conf.ini, and a confs.ini file there too  .... 

confUser.zip 2.38 kB · 0 downloads

Which model of Hurricane?

Only the 100 octane versions have +12 boost.

Boost on the Hurricanes and Spitfires is activated by the 'Boost Cutout' selection.

Thanks, dunno which hurry, the one in Cliffs that defaults, i'll check it out .... J

Posted (edited)

i figured it out, on the steam site they say a Hurricane maxes at 3000 RPM, and that's what happens ...

Edited by jollyjack

Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2019 at 12:21 AM, jollyjack said:

Is not this, I am talking about Quick Mission files - check the other topic.

If copy the ConfUser.INI from steamapps\common\IL2 Sturmovik Cliff of Dover\ for Documents\1C etc.\ will reset all joy/key assignments😀

Because INI files inside "steamapps\etc" is the "originals", are there for backup, don't mess with this files.

BTW - There's nothing wrong with your hurricane of throttle, in Quick Mission the Hurricane version is 85 octane, so their boost is limited.

Click over the picture and select a 100 octane version.

For Bf 109 you need use the command "War Emergency Power", this increase ATA during 1 minute after disable automatic, and can use again after ~30 seconds (not sure).

Don't use "Throttle War Emergency Power" - this command is "unfinished", no practical use.

Edited by Sokol1

On 7/16/2019 at 6:23 PM, Sokol1 said:

..... Both Bo'X and CloD just allow map joy buttons direct in game controls interface, what if the intention is "a simple profile" is the best to do.

Getting BoS running:

At the umpteenth time of reinstalling the Warthog drivers (without TARGET). I found out something.

Warthog/Throttle were properly recognized in Windows game control panel, but the joystick hardware was not recognized in the BoS game & setup.

ID1 and 2 (0 and 1 in the game), ckecked that with JoyID. 

Then i pressed 'default" in the keymapping page: EUREKA, they responded ...

ONE Q for the experts remains: if you default the lot in a subpage in keymappings, like plane controls only, is that for the subpage only or for all the pages?

"Default" reset all assignments (plane controls, engine controls, pilot head, etc....).

If you have the habit of plug - unplug controllers regularly, eventually look in the game folder 'Data/Input' the file Devices.txt,

with time this file end with several game "configID" for the same controller (e.g. joystick).

With the last update the game discovery my joystick again, and assignments stop work, I just reassign the axes (4) and take note of the used ID, in the case "joy1".

Then delete all entries in the files "Devices.txt", after open the files "current.action" and "current.map"with Notepad++ and using "Find and Replace" change the entries joy0 and joy2 to joy1 and previous assignments work again.

Hi Sokol. After contact with Thustmaster support and a tip from someone there, i spent about a day figuring out about TARGET. First loaded the fcf BoS setup from their support  site. Adapted it where needed, and now it seems to work. One thing i missed and found out is when you run the profile, keep it running while playing BoS. If you exit, then stop the running profile, and your Window Game controllers are acting 'normal' again.

You don't need the Script Editor actually, but i guess if you understand that scripting business (i don't) there must be more things possible. F.i. i tried to figure out about tanks, but only could get the engine to start, and joystick controlled moving around. Fell of a pontoon bridge LoL, but how to aim a gun and move the turret?

BTW i think the TARGET stuff makes things easier., as the settings are saved by the (home) made fcf file per game, and probably per plane if you're in to specific plane related ones. Next time i'm going after a Cliffs fcf.  -J.