Han

Developer Diary 225 - Discussion

1 minute ago, Han said:
Dear friends,

The Summer is in full swing and we're working on finishing the Bodenplatte project. P-51D, P-38J, B-25 and Tempest 3D models are nearing completion, their textures are being made right now. Today we can show you the cockpit of Hawker Tempest Mk.V:

As we announced before, all Bodenplatte planes will have 4K external textures. Here are Bf 109 G-14 shots that show the texturing made by Martin =ICDP= Catney:

At the moment we're moving to a newer FMOD version and our sound designer converts all the sounds to the newer sound engine.

The work on the Bodenplatte map is nearing completion and we'll be able to show you the screenshots showing the result of this tremendous work soon. This also means we started the work on the Career mode for it that will be called Battle of Rheinland.

Another important thing we must tell you is that American, British and German infantrymen models for Bodenplatte project are finished - they will man the guns, drive the vehicles and appear as airfield personnel. And here's the model of the Royal Air Force pilot for Summer of 1944:

Now let's talk about other our projects. For Tank Crew, the next update will bring Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.G that has autonomous electric turret turn mechanism for instance. And in September we plan to release the two scenario campaigns for Tank Crew - Breaking Point and Last Chance, telling about the fighting near Prokhorovka.

The next update is planned to include two - actually four - new aircraft for Flying Circus - Halberstadt CL.II, Halberstadt CL.IIau, Bristol Fighter F2 Falcon 2, Bristol Fighter F2 Falcon 3.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

Hooray!

In addition to the models, we're working on the important features like more detailed pilot's physiology effects. Fatigue caused by a high G stress, (in)ability to bail out and other such things. After that, we'll get to repairing, refueling and refitting the aircraft on the ground. 

Very cool 🙂

Edited by sevenless
  • Upvote 5

"We also started the research on making the aircraft and ships visible from several times farther distances. This task is very complex since it involves many various parts of the project - we can't make it at the cost of a significant performance loss in the graphics and network subsystems."

😍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

Posted (edited)

That RAF summer uniform is kind of weird, especially as photo material also shows RAF pilots wearing Army Battledress. I take it the US army officer's uniform is also still WIP? 

Edited by Sharpe43
  • Confused 1

Sorry for reacting in German... But: "Einfach Geil!"

IL2 GB Dev Team, You are just awesome! :thank_you:

• Like 1

The German Wehrmacht wore the eagle sign on the right breast pocket and not on the left sleeve.😌

• Upvote 1

Wow you are working at many things at once, I hope you don't fail on that task because it's really difficult for a small team to accomplish that, but you are very talented people so you will success :)

I have one question, will the internal textures be replaced by 4k resolution?

Regards

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

That title-art image of the Russian tanks is just.... Art!

• Like 1

Another great dev. diary.  Thanks Han!:salute:

That is great to hear you are trying to find a solution how to extend 10 km bubble available for spotting! Even a small resize would be very welcomed.

Thumbs up!

3D Tempest cockpit looks great too. Thanks for sharing the screenshots.

• Upvote 1

A great deal of work on going, all of it looks very impressive.:salute:

The Bristol Fighter has always been a favorite, really looking forward to that.;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Posted (edited)

As namhee said the Reichsadler needs to be on the right breast above the breast pocket. The SS wore it on the left sleeve but I think you don't want to depict them.

Additionally late-war german field grey cloth was so bad in quality that it often had a distinct brownish hue to it.

Edited by csThor
  • Upvote 1

The pilot fatigue sounds awesome. Looking forward to it.

But a big thumbs up for those G14 skins!! They look sensational. Spectacular work!!!

1 minute ago, csThor said:

As namhee said the Reichsadler needs to be on the right breast above the breast pocket. The SS wore it on the left sleeve but I think you don't want to depict them.

Wehrmacht is OK the rest is difficult(ss)

10 minutes ago, namhee2 said:

The German Wehrmacht wore the eagle sign on the right breast pocket and not on the left sleeve.😌

But Waffen-SS did that and during Arnhem, Ardennes etc. a lot of those troops were present in the area.

The Kragenspiegel are standard Wehrmacht, anyway. So I guess it was but a simple mixup.

26 minutes ago, Han said:

After that, we'll get to repairing, refueling and refitting the aircraft on the ground.

How will it work in SP? Is this going to be in a career (at least fuel and ammo) so you can fly again and continue to support your troops if there is battle on the ground?

Kind of shame that there is no german infantry with a camo uniforms. And still hoping for infantry in tank crew :)

Just now, sevenless said:

But Waffen-SS did that and during Arnhem, Ardennes etc. a lot of those troops were present in the area.

Yes, they were but given the legal sensibilities in both Russia and Germany I don't think the devs want to rouse this particular sleeping dog. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Tempest V cockpit, fatigue added, more render distance for airplanes and SHIPS, and on top of that BoBp map is near complition! 👏 

good time to buy thing or two from store so devs have some extra coffee to work on all that improvments :)

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Upvote 2

Just now, csThor said:

Yes, they were but given the legal sensibilities in both Russia and Germany I don't think the devs want to rouse this particular sleeping dog. 🤔

I remember mission in old SP campaign (before career) to fly over german column of SS and patrol while you would fly over column after column of SS troops. At least that's what discription said.

Just now, csThor said:

Agree. After having a closer look at the pic, the location of the eagle does not fit Waffen SS as well. It is too high on the model for that. Anyways Kragenspiegel hints to Wehrmacht and therefore the eagle needs to be put on the breast.

Posted (edited)

I believe we should be getting the Series II control column.

Edited by Talon_
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

what a DD...!!! :o:...Thanks Devs...!!! :good:

Best of all, you get a camouflage uniform and the problem is solved

You always manage to surprise me!
By these coming changes and improvements many possibilities open up.
The progress of TC and FC sounds brilliant. The two-seaters and the Panzer IV look great. I am happy when I can test them myself.
I am excited about the career mode and look forward to the (hopefully soon coming) Map.

So much content and further enhancements. Awesome.

Sound fix and extended view distance hinted! I really hope these both will make it into sim! View distance is the biggest-need-for-improvement IMO we have (and configurable icons type/range/visibility)

Great work guys!

• Upvote 2

Extended view distance and G forces effects seems great. Another good DD!

I hope the new rendering options for distant aircraft doesn't jam up the performance too much. I trust in you, devs!

Regards

Holy Moses, that's a lot of stuff 😮 each thing more impressive than the last.

What absolutely steals the show for me though, is the hint that you're working on increasing the draw distance for vehicles and planes!!! That is absolutely fantastic news. 🤩🤩🤩 This is the single most important general improvement of the sim, that you could be working on. Nothing else comes close in importance. I know it's not gonna be easy, but your work is very much appreciated, and please take the time you need to do it properly. Just knowing that you're working on it gives me near infinite patience. 

Your DDs are slightly more infrequent here during the final stretch, but when they do come, they are amazing! Keep up the good work. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Fatigue caused by a high G stress, (in)ability to bail out and other such things.

We also started the research on making the aircraft and ships visible from several times farther distances.

Two things I most concerned.

As all ready posted by others detailing the latest DD thank you team BOX for a fantastic look into the future:salute:.

Thank you.

Everytime I read a Developer note I am so thankful I bought Il2!