AKA_Scorp

Static Aircraft Objects

Can we please have static aircraft objects for all the AC in the game?  I don't need three different ones for each AC one would be plenty.

Thanks,

• Upvote 2

Just place a plane in parking mode with gas!!!!

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, namhee2 said:

How do you mean? Surely it has to be a linked entity then and uses resources because there are AI routines running? Thats fine for 1 or 2 planes, but if you want to place 10 of them around an airfield then that is going to be a problem..

12 hours ago, AKA_Scorp said:

Can we please have static aircraft objects for all the AC in the game?  I don't need three different ones for each AC one would be plenty.

Thanks,

+1 There are many static planes missing at the moment. I dont really understand why they dont add them to the ME when the plane is released, or even when the 3d model is complete. Its nice to have the fancy statics where the engine bay is open etc, but just making the basic static model should be a fairly simple case of making a low-poly version of the completed 3d model, and since the 3d model is always finished before the FM, why cant they add the static model before the actual plane is released?

Edited by Flashy
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, namhee2 said:

That's not an acceptable solution. Unfortunately, static aircraft stopped being added a while ago, so the original request is quite valid. 

I've tried it once, just park a plane parking and no waypoint, with gasoline, otherwise the plane disappears after a short time. 

2 hours ago, namhee2 said:

I've tried it once, just park a plane parking and no waypoint, with gasoline, otherwise the plane disappears after a short time. 

Yeah, it does work, but the point is that it takes too many resources to do that. AI planes are very resource heavy, so you cant just throw a bunch of them on an airfield as static objects because it will bog down the server/game. This is the whole reason why we have static objects - they are low poly, and have no AI, so you can throw pretty much as many of them in your mission as you want without it having a performance impact.

3 hours ago, LukeFF said:

That's not an acceptable solution. Unfortunately, static aircraft stopped being added a while ago, so the original request is quite valid. 

Do you know why that is Luke? Do they think its not important, or just havent got the time? I cant see how its a difficult thing to add, so I seriously doubt the second option..

5 hours ago, Flashy said:

Do you know why that is Luke? Do they think its not important, or just havent got the time? I cant see how its a difficult thing to add, so I seriously doubt the second option..

I have no idea, sorry.