Sign in to follow this  
Torn88

Supported Resolutions - Ultrawidescreen?

Hi all,

First time poster here - just wanted to see if anyone could advise what resolutions are supported in IL-2 BoX titles?

I'm specifically wondering if the game supports  5120x1440 resolution - if it does I may purchase the Philips 499P9H1 - 32:9 monitor.

I believe Il-2 must support 3840 x 1080, as seen in the below youtube video. 

Can anyone please advise if 5120x1440 will work correctly?

Thank you!

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Torn88 said:

what resolutions are supported in IL-2 BoX titles?

Hi Torn88, welcome to the forum.

I only know for sure that 3440 x 1440 is supported, and that looks fanatastic.

Don't know about 5120 x1440, but if it is, that Philips monitor sounds very nice.

I see it has a USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 port, but the display is VA rather than ISP, and refresh rate is only 60 Hz.

Edit: Seems like 5120 x 1440 is supported, according to this: 

Edited by jaygee485
addition

Posted (edited)

Hey mate - thanks for the reply from our rival NZ'ers ;) (Aussie - Brisbanite here).

Im not too fussed about 60hz VS the higher refresh rates as I only work and recently started playing flight sims on the monitors (not really into other competitive gaming).

Having said that, just had a quick look at your posted link and saw that seemed to indicate 21:9 resolution support; but nothing about 5120 x 1440 specifically? Will check again in the morning as its pretty late here...a few brain cells may have signed off for the night.

Either way, thanks again for the info and will check review again in the morning / any additional info posted. 

P.S. Happy to see the majority of the IL-2 community seems prettty supportive and helpful! :) 

Edit: What 3440 x 1440 monitor are you currently using?

Edited by Torn88
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Torn88 said:

seemed to indicate 21:9 resolution support; but nothing about 5120 x 1440 specifically?

8 hours ago, Torn88 said:

Edit: What 3440 x 1440 monitor are you currently using?

Yeah, you're probably right about that. I didn't read the whole thread, and jumped to conclusions.

And I agree that 60 fps is more than adequate for this sim. My display was puzzlingly locked at 60 fps for a couple of months,

until a GPU driver update mysteriously unlocked something to allow the 120 fps which I had selected in settings. While I was

pleased to finally reach my target frame rate, I couldn't really see much difference!

My monitor is the Acer X34P, which I'm very happy with. When I first decided to go ultrawide, I was a bit concerned that the 

display might seem to be lacking in height compared to 16:9, but those concerns were groundless. Sitting close (approx 70cm)

to the curved screen gives really good immersion, so I presume 21:9 would be even better.

Of course, many here would advise that if you're spending that much on a monitor, you should go for VR and get total immersion.

I am a bit fixated on high resolution to consider that option (not to mention SDE), and if you're intending that monitor for work

also, that's probably a clincher.

Edit: Good luck against the Saints this arvo.

Carn the Eagles!

Edited by jaygee485

In case anyone else has the same question in future coming back to confirm that IL-2 Sturmovik BoX DOES support 5120x1440 resolution.

32:9 Widescreen is working well. :)

• Upvote 1

On 6/20/2019 at 10:46 PM, Torn88 said:

Hi all,

First time poster here - just wanted to see if anyone could advise what resolutions are supported in IL-2 BoX titles?

I'm specifically wondering if the game supports  5120x1440 resolution - if it does I may purchase the Philips 499P9H1 - 32:9 monitor.

I believe Il-2 must support 3840 x 1080, as seen in the below youtube video. 

Can anyone please advise if 5120x1440 will work correctly?

Thank you!

I would directly ask the team with a support ticket before making that investment.