Blitzen

A B-25 AI FM question request for the developers?

I've been wondering a bit about the AI B-25 to be released later this year ever since the debut of the Me-262 > Will the B-25 behave more like medium bombers acually did & not like the light bombers like the A-20 currently do ? They seem to fly more like heavy fighters instead of bombers on a mission.I wonder if they will keep formation flying towards turning points or I.P's on their way to target? This would be more realistic for them & give German fighters a target more like they might have seen back in the day. I am also assuming someday the B-25 will become flyable & realistic formation disipline might add to the immersion experience...I think in general the old Il-2 Sturmovik did a pretty good job with bomber formation as does Cliffs of Dover Blitz.

Any thoughts from others that might be worthwhile for the developers to consider 

My experience with medium bombers in-game is they behave like bombers in Career missions and like heavy fighters in QMB.

• Upvote 2

Not a formation flying suggestion but I would like to see bombardier position included so I could go full Catch-22 in VR.

Only 5 missions to go. 😉

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, pfrances said:

My experience with medium bombers in-game is they behave like bombers in Career missions and like heavy fighters in QMB.

Setting up A-20's in non 1v1 QMB missions actually make them behave more like bombers. They still turn in formation, but only after a while of flying straight and level. 

This was only recent and I was pretty surprised by it. 

• Upvote 1