Sign in to follow this  
InProgress

Stalingrad RTS

Posted (edited)

Anyone remembers this game?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/356260/Stalingrad/

I can't pass mission called "30 km", i am suppose to defend some stupid farm, it says enemy has 100 tanks and i am suppose to defend it for entire day. But enemy waves never end, he is keep coming, i destroyed 20 tigers alone and much more than 100 other tanks but it never ends... anyone know something about this mission? Also restarting did not help.

Well if anyone will find this topic because he has the same problem, then i found solution. Problem is that game will be sending more and more enemy waves untill you kill everyone from the normal waves that should come and end. Due to some weird bug, as long as even 1 soldier is alive, game will keep sending more and more waves. So what you must do is simply search for coward who is hiding somewhere, probably behind building on the sides or front part of farm. When you find him and kill him, mission will end even if there is still bunch of enemy coming with these bugged waves.

Edited by InProgress

Posted (edited)

Just purchased this a few days ago. Looks pretty interesting, though I haven't played it much yet.

Why are there Tigers in Stalingrad? 

Edited by Legioneod

Posted (edited)
On 6/18/2019 at 4:40 AM, Legioneod said:

Just purchased this a few days ago. Looks pretty interesting, though I haven't played it much yet.

Why are there Tigers in Stalingrad? 

On 12 December 1942, Hoth's Fourth Panzer Army's LVII Panzer Corps began its north-eastward drive toward German forces trapped in the Stalingrad pocket. The 6th and 23rd Panzer Divisions made large gains, surprising the Red Army and threatening the rear of the Soviet 51st Army. The German drive was due to be spearheaded by the 503rd heavy tank battalion of Tiger I heavy tanks, but the unit did not embark on its transport to the Eastern Front until December 21, 1942 and did not see battle until the very first days of January 1943 along the Manytsch River. 

or devs simply made mistake (some books say that tigers did take part in that operation to break through and free 6th army or they wanted more tanks variants to make game more interesting. It's not only Stalingrad city but entire operation where in german campaign you fight in some small villages way before you get to city.

Also I recommend to play on easy (there is only easy and normal) but game has insane difficulty level, at least for Russian. I played entire Russian campaign (until that damn bug) on normal and it was very hard and cchallenging. Some missions simply frustrating. Where you defend in trenches and win with 99% of forces lost. A bit overdone. Tanks can stand infrot of the trench and shoot at infantry and your tank behind trench has no range to shoot... well typical RTS problem. While on easy it seems that range is much better, so defending is actually fun now.

Game is fun, I would say better than blitzkrieg tho still have some flaws. On easy it's actually enjoyable (but a bit too easy).

Just wish some dev or 1C people would take a look at fix that broken mission, can't skip it so can't progress in the campaign anymore.

Edit:

Btw, watch this before playing (turn subtitles on unless you speak russian) game has some stupid idea with secret missions that will only unlock if you did something in previous mission.

Edited by InProgress