Faust

S! VBF-12

Salute to my VBF-12 friends.  I saw several of you online the other night. I tried to say hello but it seems my player chat was turned off.  😳

It was nice to see so many familiar names and excellent pilots.  Thought I'd say hello.  

S! 

• Like 1

I'm not sure why I looked up this game but I figured I'd see if any of my old IL-2 VF-12/VBF-12 guys were here.... sure enough first person I see is Whitey!  I totally remember guys like Dauck, Sluggo, Unionjak, and Gosling... Not sure if y'all will remember me but I was the one who was plane 13 (LTJG Coolhand), I had Spades on the front of my planes and the naked lady with pair of aces cards as my nose art. I forget who made my plane art but he was the one who did most, if not, all the artwork for the unit. It's been forever since I've talked with y'all.  I hope all is well.  I believe most of us went on to the P-38 squadron after the 12th had a break or something like that.  I believe it was the 8th Airforce, or something like that. Anyway, good to see people on here.  I may re-install the game for nostalgia haha

Edited by CooLHanD13
  • Like 1

Hey Faust, you the same one that was the admin for Zekes vs wildcats?  I loved that sever in 46.  Still remember my favorite mission.  It was named Ironbottom.  If only we could get back to the pacific.  OHHh the good ole days.  :)

20 hours ago, CooLHanD13 said:

I'm not sure why I looked up this game but I figured I'd see if any of my old IL-2 VF-12/VBF-12 guys were here.... sure enough first person I see is Whitey!  I totally remember guys like Dauck, Sluggo, Unionjak, and Gosling... Not sure if y'all will remember me but I was the one who was plane 13 (LTJG Coolhand), I had Spades on the front of my planes and the naked lady with pair of aces cards as my nose art. I forget who made my plane art but he was the one who did most, if not, all the artwork for the unit. It's been forever since I've talked with y'all.  I hope all is well.  I believe most of us went on to the P-38 squadron after the 12th had a break or something like that.  I believe it was the 8th Airforce, or something like that. Anyway, good to see people on here.  I may re-install the game for nostalgia haha

I remember you Coolhand, good to hear from you. Hop by our forums sometimes if you ever want to fly. UnionJak, Ducky, Gos, and Sluggo are still around ;)

I think the link is in my signature