Sign in to follow this  
Decho

MT50 CM2 Grip Wheel Brake Binding

I recently switched to a Virpil MT50 CM2 grip from a TM Warthog, which has mostly been great. One issue I'm having is with binding the wheel brake in IL2 - the lever on the front of the grip is an analogue axis but also registers a button press halfway through the travel of the lever. In DCS that's not a problem as axis/button bindings are done separately, but with IL2 it effectively means I can't bind the axis, only the button, as the software registers the button press as the input and ignores the continuing motion of the axis.

Is there a way around this? The control files for IL2 don't seem to be in a readily editable format so I'm not sure how to go about doing it that way either.

Option 1 

Use VirPil software and remove the button of brake lever configuration.

Option 2

Assign the axis manually be editing the file "current.input".

rpc_wheel_brakes,                                 joy#_axis_#,                                        0| // Wheel brakes

Replace the # by number of joystick - look in other axes assignment in the file for see joy number, and the lever axis name (letter) - look in Virpil test software.

This manual option allow you use the brake lever for wheel brakes in ground and assign the button for a flight function.

Edited by Sokol1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks! The manual option will be necessary - I need the button available at least for other games (DCS).