Sign in to follow this  
Panthera

Me262 pitch authority

If the files are digitized you can send them to your home computer.

3 hours ago, MiloMorai said:

If the files are digitized you can send them to your home computer.

If they were, you could. They aren't.

Posted (edited)

Well now that we probably know where the files are located, I think it would definitely be in 777's interest to go look for them as it would ensure a better possible simulation of the 262. I think this is esp. important considering that the information provided by Eric Brown in his book indicates that the stick forces of the ingame aircraft are much too high.

Edited by Panthera

Does Brown give any indication as to when he flew the Me 262? It might help in narrowing down the search. 

It should be borne in mind that the National Archives may not necessarily have Brown's report - not everything gets preserved there.

37 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

Does Brown give any indication as to when he flew the Me 262? It might help in narrowing down the search. 

First "contact" he had with the Jet was at Schleswig airfield, just after it was captured. Schleswig was also the airfield, where all aircrafts captured by the RAF were brought to for ferrying them to Farnborough. With the help of some "uncaged" German ground mechanics, he took the single two seater 262 for a spin.

Brown interviewed Gerd Lindner, chief test pilot for the Me262 by the end of May '45. With knowledge gathered from him, Brown was more flights with 262s at Farnborough after the hostilities. As directly after the war he was tasked with flying the Vampire, I would expect his 262 test flights to take place in summer '45 or later at Farnborough.

@IAmNotARobot  Is it possible you guys will look for the Eric Brown report, or will the community have to step up in this case? (not meant to come across negatively btw)

Also just out of curiousity what stick force in kg pr.G do you have set for the 262 at 700 km/h TAS at sea level atm ? Wondering since full elevator deflection stops after ~500 km/h ingame it seems, which even if we go by the Russian figures must be off. 

Posted (edited)

Sorry for bumping this but I am quite curious as to how the stick force pr. G at lower speeds was estimated as even pr. the Russian figures you shouldn't loose full elevator authority already at 500-550 km/h.

PS: Still waiting for response from the kew archives regarding the Eric Brown report. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Panthera

Posted (edited)

[edited] from the book by Eric Brown concerning the Me262.

Here are the key points in contained:

- 14 kg of stick force was necessary to pull the aircraft out of dive at M 0.83

- 45 kg of stick force was necessary to pull the aircraft out of dive at M 0.86

- stick force pr. G at 645 km/h was 2.72 kg.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
It was deleted cus contained a swastika and it’s copyright material, as I told you by PM

I'm setting the stab trim to 60 degrees nose down flying online, I know some are at 90.

Without doing this, I'm constantly pushing the nose down...not sure if that's right but it seems a little strange.

Yeah, the aircraft shouldn't need that much trim IMHO. But the biggest problem atm is that the elevators stiffen up way too quickly. I sadly haven't been able to get a hand on Brown's test report, I simply don't know anyone living close to the archives.

So did a quick test flight and could conclude that ingame you start to lose full elevator authority due to stiffening already at 400 km/h IAS at SL, this is obviously at odds with every description of the 262's flight behavior I've read, even the US tests with the servo tabs disconnected.

Additionally the slats are still locked past 450 km/h, which just can't happen with that design.

I really would urge you to fix this because it really holds back on the immersion of flying this thing.

Has there been any changes since July? ? Or any luck getting access to the RAF reports? 

Haven't played for the last 4 months due to a very busy schedule and a PC replacement.

Haven’t flown it in weeks, [edited] on normal server managed to get it banned completely.

Pretty sure no changes have been made. 

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Labeling people