Sign in to follow this  
Flashy

Positions black and white in MP?

Hi All,

I am having a bit of trouble trying to get the positions type 0 translators working properly in an MP mission. In SP, they look fine and are properly coloured red and blue as follows:

sp.jpg.c6f39824e828b82b93632cabcde5966d.jpg

but in MP they are always black and white, regardless of RGB values or coalitions:

mp.jpg.f784429be2d6b4db938e9ff67d103b94.jpg

What gives? Is there any way to change this translator to be in colour? And , if not, what other methods do others use for displaying front lines in MP? I have drawn them out and used a border line, and it looks okay, but there must be an alternative that looks a bit better than this:

fl.thumb.jpg.4db140bf43d67dbe7464cef839e61a0c.jpg

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, [N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier said:

Is it a dogfight multiplayer mission?

If yes, you need to select a side first.

Yep, dogfight. But selecting a side doesnt seem to change the colour, its always just black and white...

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Flashy said:

Yep, dogfight. But selecting a side doesnt seem to change the colour, its always just black and white...

Thats odd. I have a little example mission here, try it out. The colours of the positions type 0 lines will change depending if you select the german or russian 109.

Edit: The example mission is a Dogfight Multiplayer type.

Side_line_test.zip

Edited by [N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier

5 minutes ago, [N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier said:

Thats odd. I have a little example mission here, try it out. The colours of the positions type 0 lines will change depending if you select the german or russian 109.

Side_line_test.zip 4.2 kB · 0 downloads

What the..? yours does work, and yet mine doesnt.. hmmm.. will have to investigate this quickly. Thanks Leon! 

Just now, Flashy said:

What the..? yours does work, and yet mine doesnt.. hmmm.. will have to investigate this quickly. Thanks Leon! 

If you allow me to do a wild, uneducated guess.

The Airfields are set to german, russian and not neutral?

Ah! found the issue - the RGB value has to be set to 255,255,255 for each translator icon or else it wont work. I had mine set to be slightly darker and that breaks the functionilty of the icon. Thanks again Leon! 

• Upvote 1