spartan85

Yak-7b Series 36 to Yak-7UTI trainer mod possible?

If I'm wrong please feel free to harass.... :)

this plane was used as a trainer then converted to front line ops, i believe....

I was wondering if we could get a trainer mod for this aircraft? (just minus fixed gear)

just wondering how difficult it would be to make a dual control aircraft in game engine?

would be kinda nice for new fliers to get some back seat tips from helpful members while flying or even used in a mini training mission set...

Cheers!

Spartan85

• Upvote 3

I would love that. It'd require a new cockpit though.

Dual controls have been added in Il-2 1946 correct? How well does that work? (I haven't gotten to try it yet)...

P.S. I think my favourite yak might be the bubble canopy Yak-7...

Quite a task, probably since the UTI-26 (designation parallel with the I-26) was a much earlier version, corresponding to initial Yak-1 and Yak-7A from 1940. It was equipped with the VK-105P (not even with the PA, let alone the PF, which we have in the sim on Yak-1, Yak-1B and Lagg) and generally lacking all the aerodynamic and other improvements of the Yak-7B. Let's not forget our Yak-7B is one of the latest (1942) before adopting designation Yak-9 and receiving cut down fuselage and bubble canopy.

9 hours ago, CrazyDuck said:

Let's not forget our Yak-7B is one of the latest (1942) before adopting designation Yak-9 and receiving cut down fuselage and bubble canopy.

It's actually a 1943 model.