Sign in to follow this  
WWSitttingDuck

Dummy ground explosions

There is an option here.  Might not be as good as what we had in ROF, but at least it is something.

In scripts.gtp, there are 2 files that can be used.  I tried the dummygroundexplosion in worldobjects/mapemitters, and the one in worldobjects, and got an error, could not load file (bummer...)

Place an effect and the associated logic in your mission.  If at all possible, do not use an effect that is already in the mission because you will have to find it by editing your mission file in notepad.

Assuming you are using landfire.txt, open your mission in notepad, and do a find and replace for landfire.txt with ammoexplosion_big.txt or ammoexplosion.txt   Delete the msnbin file, and reopen in ME and save again.

Granted, it is not so much a bomb going off, as it is something exploding, but it is better than nothing.  I have been testing visual's from a close distance.  Might look more realistic if it is farther away.

Sample single player mission:  http://bhah.homeip.net:192/Old Fokkers/Misssions/lapino test map3.rar

dummyexpl1.jpg.af4f1083f46990d3feb7ac0252d71d09.jpg

Fake vehicle - command damage complete - profit.

I use a 36 way endless random generator and place them in the region where I need the effect. I can place as many of these 36x generators as required.