Sign in to follow this  
Novice-Flyer

Collector plane packs

Currently in IL-2 GB Premium battle packs there are 8 planes + 2 collector planes. Recently the team has released $20 stand alone collector planes outside the packs, Ju-52, U-2, Bf 109G-6, Yak 1b, and La 5FN. Future ones would be Li-2, B-25, likely more to come. With the Ju-52, U-2, Li-2, and B-25 these planes saw action throughout most fronts of WW2, even after. With the La-5FN, Bf 109G-6, and Yak 1b, these planes probably took the least amount of time to make, compared to the U-2, B-25, and some planes in the battle packs. I mean, $20 for the G-6, a variant of the Bf 109 while the rest in the battle packs seems quite expensive. A battle pack can only have a maximum of 10 planes and it appears those that are leftover automatically become separate collector planes that cost $20. For a plane like the Li-2, that seems fair, but for example the Fw 190A-6 as a $20 collector that probably took less time to make than the U-2 would be quite expensive. I mean, it’s better than DCS, but not entirely.

The standard edition with 8 planes costs $50, while the Premium with 10 planes costs $80. And for Kuban Premium, Bf 109G-6 and La-5FN that totals to $120. 50/8 equal to just over $6 per plane. Premium would also more include the price of the map.

Getting back to the title, in Rise of Flight on steam there are plane packs like Battle of St. Mihiel, Birth of Warbirds, Legendary bombers, etc. that cost ~20$ and come with several planes. I think that the devs should do this with IL-2 GB because then it would be more worth spending $20 on collector planes.

Here is how it could be (Please, this is just an example if these planes were to be stand alone collectors).

#1: late war Russian planes, La-5FN, Yak-3, P-63,  etc.

#2: early war Russian planes, Yak 1b, I-153, Hurricane Mk 2b, Su-2 etc.

#3: Axis planes, Bf 109G-6, IAR 81, Fw 189, Fi-156, etc.

#4: Russian bombers, Tu-2, IL-4, TB-3, Pe-3, etc. Would cost $30

#5 late war Western front planes: Arado 234, Spitfire Mk XIV, Me 410, Meteor, A-20G, etc.

Yak-9: Pay $20 get all the Yak 9 variants

B-25: Pay $25, get all variants B-25C/D, G, J

Likely there will be options for American/Japanese aircraft

If the devs made every single leftover aircraft a $20 stand alone collector then people would be saying “ there are too many collector planes”, but if there were aircraft packs like there are in Rise of Flight, then that would be better because of spending $20 for the Bf 109G-6, you would spending $20 for the G-6 and additional aircraft. I’d say up to 6 planes per pack.