Drahgoone

Stop mission from ending when an individual pilots ends the mission

I'm not sure why I have been unable to figure this one out. I have a multiplayer dogfight mission with a few AI's at the moment that works relatively well, however I have an issue with either the mission or the Dserver where if anyone on the server ends mission, it ends for everyone. Just wondering how to stop this so that the mission goes on regardless. Thanks!

It doesn't work like that with my server, and i don't remind that there is a setting in the sds which can do that.

May you post the mission to host it on my server.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Drahgoone said:

I'm not sure why I have been unable to figure this one out. I have a multiplayer dogfight mission with a few AI's at the moment that works relatively well, however I have an issue with either the mission or the Dserver where if anyone on the server ends mission, it ends for everyone. Just wondering how to stop this so that the mission goes on regardless. Thanks!

So, if someone exits a plane, returning to the map (i.e., "ends mission"), do all players go to the mission statistics screen and then the mission restarts or does the DServer disconnect and stop running the mission?

Note:

• Do not object link the attack area command to all He-111s, just to the formation leaders.
  • FYI, the only purpose for the current "German Return Field" object is to accommodate German planes under AI control with the AI RTB Decision option selected. The planes for the German spawn points have AI RTB Decision selected but the AI He-111s do not have that option selected (although, you may want it that way). Also, the returning AI planes will land about 300m before the airfield object and in the direction in which the object is pointing (explanation here). In this case, they may touch down very close to the front of the large hanger, which may cause them to clip the front corner of that hanger.
Edited by JimTM
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JimTM said:

So, if someone exits a plane, returning to the map (i.e., "ends mission"), do all players go to the mission statistics screen and then the mission restarts or does the DServer disconnect and stop running the mission?

Note:

• Do not object link the attack area command to all He-111s, just to the formation leaders.
  •  FYI, the only purpose for the current "German Return Field" object is to accommodate German planes under AI control with the AI RTB Decision option selected. The planes for the German spawn points have AI RTB Decision selected but the AI He-111s do not have that option selected (although, you may want it that way). Also, the returning AI planes will land about 300m before the airfield object and in the direction in which the object is pointing (explanation here). In this case, they may touch down very close to the front of the large hanger, which may cause them to clip the front corner of that hanger.

Correct, everyone goes to stats and the mission restarts. Also thank you very much for those tips! This is my first time using the mission editor, so it's greatly appreciated.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Drahgoone said:

Correct, everyone goes to stats and the mission restarts. Also thank you very much for those tips! This is my first time using the mission editor, so it's greatly appreciated.

You're welcome Drahgoone.

Try setting the DServer option Team points per round to a high number like 99999999.

FYI, see editor resources in the first section of this post.

Edited by JimTM

2 hours ago, JimTM said:

You're welcome Drahgoone.

Try setting the DServer option Team points per round to a high number like 99999999.

FYI, see editor resources in the first section of this post.

Thanks! That solved the problem.

Ok, then, i don't run tests as it's solved.