Sign in to follow this  
JG1_Butzzell

New game exploit ?

S! All

I put the question mark in the title because I have not seen this before. Someone else may have seen this and posted and I missed it.

We had an incident in Flanders in Flames. A pilot was close to an enemy airfield. He was engaged and his his plane became disabled. Not sure if it was loss of oil, fuel or bullet damage. The pilot was able to land at the enemy airfield. This was strange because the airfields are surrounded by AAAA, The AAA did not shoot at him. He was able to stay on the field and his rear gunner was able to shoot at enemy spawning in. The pilot was probably shocked that he was not being killed  by AAA.

Some of his teammates entered the area. They were promptly shot down by AAA.

This is the first time we have seen this. The situation was examined and it was determined that the game does not see a disabled, shot down or crashed plane as a target. So you may ask, how many times is an enemy plane going to suffer a disabling event and still be able to land on an enemy airfield. In actual game play this is a very rare event, however.........it was pointed out that a pilot could get close to an enemy airfield and over rev his engine to disable his plane and then glide into the enemy airfield. I tested this and yes it works. The AAA spawns but does not shoot at a disabled plane.

I am not sure if BoX/FC works the same way but it probably does.

The result of all this is a new rule for Flanders in Flames:

"Refly Rules (Spawn Camping and Objective Camping)

Spawn camping and objective camping are not in the spirit of the Flanders In Flames tournament.

Any pilot who safely lands his shot down or disabled aircraft must "Finish Flight" and despawn as soon as possible.  Sitting on the ground after being shot down, so that you can act as a forward controller for friendly aircraft, or position your rear-gunner to shoot at enemy aircraft, is unacceptable."

Edited by JG1_Butzzell

Not really a bug persay, the AI will automatically stop shooting at a plane once the engine is dead. Thus your friend landed on the enemy runway and the AI considered it a dead plane. Up to players to do something by that point. I do not agree with such a rule but they can do as they wish. 

I'm surprised that anyone playing Flanders in Flames thinks this is a "new" thing.  I've seen this done a few times back in the day, in various servers, and it's a shame that you need a new rule to keep jerkfaces from exploiting something like that:  One would think it's a given not to do that. 

On 5/21/2019 at 4:36 AM, Geronimo553 said:

Not really a bug persay, the AI will automatically stop shooting at a plane once the engine is dead. Thus your friend landed on the enemy runway and the AI considered it a dead plane. Up to players to do something by that point. I do not agree with such a rule but they can do as they wish. 

It's funny because AAA still is trying to kill man in parachute :)

25 minutes ago, 307_Tomcat said:

It's funny because AAA still is trying to kill man in parachute :)

Thats just how its programed...

S!

After additional discussion and examination the rule was modified to allow combat situations to continue but spawn camping to be banned.

New rule is :

Refly Rules (Spawn Camping)

Spawn camping is not in the spirit of the Flanders In Flames tournament.

Any pilot who safely lands his shot down or disabled aircraft on top of a spawn point must "Finish Flight" and despawn as soon as possible.  Sitting on the ground on top of a spawn point, so that you can act as a forward controller for friendly aircraft, or position your rear-gunner to shoot at enemy aircraft, is unacceptable.

In any other situation, pilots may sit in their shot down or disabled aircraft as long as they wish.