Sign in to follow this  
Alonzo

Ship onKilled firing too often/too soon?

I've got an opposing fleet battle set up, 8 ships one side, 5 on the other. I'm counting "onKilled" events from each side to see which fleet is destroyed. But I'm seeing something weird -- sometimes I will get enough onKilled events through my counter MCU to flag one side as "dead" even though there are ships left. Does something funny happen with ship onKilled events? Do I need to tweak anything around damage reporting?

I've never seen this behavior before but I wasn't paying super close attention. My current map focuses a lot on the fleet battle so I want to get it right.

51 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

I've got an opposing fleet battle set up, 8 ships one side, 5 on the other. I'm counting "onKilled" events from each side to see which fleet is destroyed. But I'm seeing something weird -- sometimes I will get enough onKilled events through my counter MCU to flag one side as "dead" even though there are ships left. Does something funny happen with ship onKilled events? Do I need to tweak anything around damage reporting?

I've never seen this behavior before but I wasn't paying super close attention. My current map focuses a lot on the fleet battle so I want to get it right.

I remember that one vehicle can generate onKilled event more than once so I connect onKilled to a counter with limit 1.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/20/2019 at 11:43 AM, =LG=Kathon said:

I remember that one vehicle can generate onKilled event more than once so I connect onKilled to a counter with limit 1.

On 5/20/2019 at 4:07 PM, Gambit21 said:

Yep - that’s the fix.

Indeed, I should have figured that out myself, but it's sometimes good to have things pointed out in simple language. Thanks to you both!

(Turns out I had like 3 maps that in theory had this problem...I suspect it's more an issue with "big" ships than small ones, but still, it's nice to have correct logic in the maps).