Sign in to follow this  
fogpipe

Own Steam version of bos, trying to buy non steam version from store

Apparently you arent supposed to buy the store version if you own the steam version. The message im getting from the store is:

You can purchase this product set only in the form of gift keys due to one or more following reasons:
- the cart contains incompatible products
- the cart contains products incompatible to the ones already activated on your account
- the cart contains products, already activated on your account
- the cart contains products that require the base version of the game

Is there a work around for this? Can i gift the game to myself?

You want to use the BoS with the stand-alone launcher? With past BoS purchases from Steam, that was possible (I am in this situation). Not sure if it still works now, after they changed the way Steam activation works.

Have you tried linking the accounts (Steam and website)?

They are linked. If i start BOX without steam running i only see the content i bought from the il2 site store and not the steam bos content. 

Steam uses 4 to 5 processes even in offline mode, updates frequently requiring unexpected long waits, and is a general pita. 

I would love to pay the 20 plus dollars to be free of it when i play il2.

My launcher only shows the purchases i made through the website, so BoS isn't listed. But my steam launched game shows everything i have purchased.

Posted (edited)

+I think the issue is:  the steam version is very unstable especially if you use VR. I've wasted a huge number of hours screwing with the steam launched version.

The company (1C) variant is much more stable but all the collectable planes and game expansions are mostly missing.

jokkr

Edited by JG51_jokkr

i think you are firmly talking wires-crossed at each other:
So better check the basic steps again:

• did you link your STEAM purchases by MERGING the accounts via the website properly (So your Steam Account ID and you IL2 website ID become one
    https://il2sturmovik.com/account/login/?next=/account/login/
  • did you download the IL2 universal launcher (I presume yes) - this launcher launches completely separate from steam
    https://il2sturmovik.com/download/
  • did you then open the launcher so it synchs with the IL2 database.. and your Steam content becomes available (you may have to repeat that step maybe twice)
  • did you then make an additional purchase... that correctly shows up - by using the universal launcher (not the Steam product) with the merged account

After these steps you do not need Steam at all.. the separate single "Il2 Sturmovik" logo starts the universal launcher, where you press "play".. which loads the "merged install" of all your purchased BoX products and possible add-ons.

If that has been fumbled up.. you can still repeat the process (login "via Steam" on the Il2 Website, check if the account is merged, launch the universal launcher aso)

•  
  •