IckyATLAS

Issue with Windsock and T sign

Very strangely I have set on the Kuban map on one airfield a Windsock and a T sign made of two vehicles to indicate the direction of Take Off and Landing.

All fine.

Then I set again a Windsock on another airfield and also a T sign, and they just do not show when playing. On the editor they show perfectly when in 3D mode and in 2D mode, but not ingame.

I tried to put them in various places around the airfield but no way they do not appear ingame. All the other stuff, plane objects, vehicles, artillery are displayed normally, but Windosck and T bar no way.

It is really weird that on one airfield it is perfect and on the other it just does not work. 

Has anybody come across this type of issue?

Yes, I have. If its black what ur using for a T bar, or windsock, you need to create a linked entity. This only happens with all the black objects.

Capture2.JPG.bf787f26af582d05741f2b1f572c2f1f.JPG

Remember to set up the country on advance properties.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, =X51=Baseketboll said:

Yes, I have. If its black what ur using for a T bar, or windsock, you need to create a linked entity. This only happens with all the black objects.

Remember to set up the country on advance properties.

How did I miss that. You are perfectly right. Now it works fine. Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

not really sure what you are using there...Train objects?  apologies if you are already using the land canvas, but that is the best bet for marking airfields.

Planes can taxi over them without damage.

1176379958_landcanvas.thumb.jpg.7204ac237f61254d38dc528df015a195.jpg

Edited by WWSitttingDuck

He was demonstrating that any 'black entity' can't be seen unless it's a linked entity. In this case he was using a train entity as an example of a 'black entity'. Also, all entity's lives matter!

Unless I'm missing something, I don't think the colour of the entity determines whether it appears. The train does not appear because it's not a linked entity, not because it's black. From the top of page 18 in the manual:

• The following objects must be linked entities to appear in a mission: airfield, artillery, effect, plane, train, and vehicle
  • The following objects appear in a mission regardless of whether they are linked entities or not: building, block, bridge, flag, and ground

Hopefully the points above still apply; I haven't tested them since I wrote the manual.

It's a 'black entity' because it's an unlinked vehicle entity. As you stated, all airfields, artillery, effects, planes, trains, and vehicles are 'black' and invisible in the game if unlinked.

Ah, like black ops rather than ops that are black.  :)

• Haha 1

Let me be more precise. I was using the Land Canvas for the T sign. In fact the behavior is still weird about some Ground elements.

I use the various Craters sizes or the Aerostats (Barrage Balloons) and they show perfectly and there is no need to have them be a linked entity and set from a specific country.

Then when I did set up the T sign and the Windsock (not linked) on the Myskhako airfield (Kuban),  they showed up perfectly and the Windosck does move according to the wind direction, so all is fine.

Then on the same Kuban map, I set up another T sign and Windsock on the Gelendzhik-1 airfield and there they show up only in the ME but not ingame. Then I did link these entities (T sign and Windsock) and set them with a nationality (non neutral and Russia in this case) and they showed up perfectly ingame.

It did solve my problem, but why it works in a way on one airfield and another way on another one remains a mystery  to me.

8 hours ago, IckyATLAS said:

Let me be more precise. I was using the Land Canvas for the T sign. In fact the behavior is still weird about some Ground elements.

I use the various Craters sizes or the Aerostats (Barrage Balloons) and they show perfectly and there is no need to have them be a linked entity and set from a specific country.

Then when I did set up the T sign and the Windsock (not linked) on the Myskhako airfield (Kuban),  they showed up perfectly and the Windosck does move according to the wind direction, so all is fine.

Then on the same Kuban map, I set up another T sign and Windsock on the Gelendzhik-1 airfield and there they show up only in the ME but not ingame. Then I did link these entities (T sign and Windsock) and set them with a nationality (non neutral and Russia in this case) and they showed up perfectly ingame.

It did solve my problem, but why it works in a way on one airfield and another way on another one remains a mystery  to me.

Can you confirm that the T sign and windsock were not linked at Myskhako. I tried the same setup and could not see the objects at Myskhako.

No Jim sorry for that.  It seems that if there is no linked entity they do not show up on both airfields.

I went to my older versions and they were not there ingame on Myskhako. I have too many versions and I probably mixed it up. Land Canvas and Flag (Windsock) does show up on the ME but only as a linked entity ingame.

Now why is Land Canvas a Vehicle and not a Block or ground? but this is another question.

28 minutes ago, IckyATLAS said:

No Jim sorry for that.  It seems that if there is no linked entity they do not show up on both airfields.

I went to my older versions and they were not there ingame on Myskhako. I have too many versions and I probably mixed it up. Land Canvas and Flag (Windsock) does show up on the ME but only as a linked entity ingame.

Now why is Land Canvas a Vehicle and not a Block or ground? but this is another question.

No worries.

If you look under the land canvas, you can see tiny little wheels. They were the first skateboards and so they qualify as vehicles.  ;)

• Haha 1

On 5/15/2019 at 7:14 PM, ACG_Sketch-LW said:

It's a 'black entity' because it's an unlinked vehicle entity. As you stated, all airfields, artillery, effects, planes, trains, and vehicles are 'black' and invisible in the game if unlinked.

On 5/15/2019 at 7:23 PM, JimTM said:

Ah, like black ops rather than ops that are black.  :)

Also, and I might just be playing catch up here, it appears that static vehicles that are linked entities render at a longer range than static vehicles that are not linked entities. Just in case (like me) you're sprinkling random vehicles around your targets to make them look more alive, and you want the vehicles to render at more than a few hundred yards.

• Like 1

just a note, if you use a land canvas, give it a nationality (preferably the same as the airfield you are placing it on).  If you leave it neutral, the base will always show up as being under attack.

• Upvote 1

Good to know. thx.